Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Graphical IP Blocker

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: HOWTO: Graphical IP Blocker

I just removed the last line from bogon.gz and it worked fine.

Beans

Bewarned though. The next time ipblock updates the filters, bogo.gz will be overwritten.

Beans

Saw that after August 20th my iplist/ipblock gave me that "No instance of iplist found" error. It is corrected if you remove bogon from the lists like jfroebe said.
    Alternatively you can extract the txt file from the bogon.gz, remove the last line, and repackage it as "bogon.gz"
    Last edited by dbzkid; August 22nd, 2010 at 02:28 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

deleting the last line worked for me too

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I was able to get it going following the previous replies. To summarize, either one of these worked for me:
    1. Delete the bogon.gz list from the "Lists" tab of IPBlock, or
    2. Navigate to /var/cache/iplist using the terminal command "sudo nautilus" without the quotes. Extract the bogon.gz file. Double-click on the text file that was extracted to open it up in Gedit. Delete the last line in the list and save the file. Rezip the text file as bogon.gz (I renamed my previous bogon.gz as "bogon_old.gz"). Close everything and restart IPBlock. Like someone said before, though, when IPBlock updates to a new bogon.gz file, we'll get the same error messages. However, I assume we won't get the error messages if the new bogon.gz no longer has the offending line. Does that sound right to somebody who knows more about this stuff than I do (which is just about anybody! )?

Beans

Thank you! Yes, I resolved the problem with bagon.gz by clicking Update button and then Enable. Seems like bagon.gz was broken and after update everything works fine again.
    Last edited by sllih; August 24th, 2010 at 01:58 PM.

Beans

I'm using Ipblock on Lucid. It installed and updated just fine, but when I try to enable it, I get the following error messages:
    Code:
    iplist[14322]: error: can't find level1.gz
    ipblock[14308]: error: failed to start, cleaning up
    I get the same message when I run it from the command line. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Beans

I have the same problem. I found out that, when downloading the lists, they are not being named|renamed properly. i.e.

x.gz http://www.y.com/x.gz.php

downloads as x.gz.php, while iplist/ipblock looks for "x.gz" only in the /var/cache/iplist/ folder. Some other lists which are like

qqqq.gz http://www.y.com/mmmmm.gz

of course, do not work either. I believe that some renaming is expected from either some lib with 10.4 Lucid (server) or the ipblock updater function which isn't happening at this time.

I noticed that for each offending file I removed from the list, it complained about the next one. I renamed a bunch of them, but it also seems to fail to ungz a .gz.php file and the lists aren't loaded properly.

Please help!

Beans

I'm having the same problem as the last 2 posts.
    none of my lists can be found even though they are /var/cache/iplist
    they are in *.gz. tried to load one at a time with the same error.

Beans

I checked /var/cache/iplist, and sure enough, all of the *.gz files were *.gz.php. So I renamed them and that seemed to do the trick. It would be nice if this were fixed, though. I don't want to have to rename the files every time it updates.

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast