Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134
Results 1,331 to 1,333 of 1333

Thread: What is the lamest reason for giving up on Ubuntu/Linux you've ever heard?

Beans

Re: What is the lamest reason for giving up on Ubuntu/Linux you've ever heard?

Who says Compiz is dead? It was one reason I tried Ubuntu in the first place (lame I know). It runs flawlessly on everything from this generic POS laptop I'm using now to my dream machine at home. It's buggy only if you don't know how to install your Open GL drivers, and awkward to set up if you're a total n00b (ain't nuthin' wrong with that).

Here's hoping Compiz continues to develop more eye candy.

Back to thread:

"Installing a printer is supposed to be a pain in the ***!" (said comment was the impetus for me going out and buying a wireless network HP printer and setting it up in minutes using HPlip.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by HuaiDan View Post
    Who says Compiz is dead? It was one reason I tried Ubuntu in the first place (lame I know). It runs flawlessly on everything from this generic POS laptop I'm using now to my dream machine at home. It's buggy only if you don't know how to install your Open GL drivers, and awkward to set up if you're a total n00b (ain't nuthin' wrong with that).
    Compiz developers.

Quote Originally Posted by HuaiDan View Post
    Here's hoping Compiz continues to develop more eye candy.
    Me too.
    Introducing KDE 4, mini articles full of screenshots

I'm Mexican. If you find any mistakes please let me know, you'll help me improve my English. Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Speck View Post

Take one before posting. Thanks!
    I'll fill the prescription. Thread closed.
    Last edited by dmizer; January 26th, 2009 at 10:01 AM.

Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134