• It is annoying

29 21.80%
  • It is the bane of the Internet

68 51.13%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MySpace opinions

Beans

MySpace opinions

In school, everybody uses "Myspace", and use up the bandwidth with ridulously large pages. They also seem to have little knowledge of computers.

What do you think?

Beans

Re: MySpace opinions

Voted "bane of the internet" for lack of a harsher option. Facebook I would classify as the bane of the internet, myspace is about 4 levels worse.
    Desktop: AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+, Nvidia 8600GT, 3GB RAM, 80GB hd, Windows 7 Beta
    Lappy: Sony Vaio FW-140E, Intel P8400 2.26Ghz, 3GB Ram, 250GB HD, Intel x4500MHD, Windows 7 Beta & Kubuntu 8.10 w/ KDE 4.2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

MySpace, like anything else is a tool. A tool for communication and social interaction (supposedly). Depending on how they use it, it is a terrible web site or a great website.

Personally I don't really care for it all that much, I prefer facebook.
    There was a sig here, now its gone.

Beans

Everything about it induces a murdering rage on me: the people, the concept, the worst interface ever to be seen, etc.

Beans

I met my wife via myspace. Probably not unique these days, I guess, but pretty surprising to me all the same.
    This doesn`t stop myspace being abused by many and annoying to many more still, but it servers a purpose, and it helped me find the love of my life... so....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Myspace is pretty bad. Facebook used to be good before the News Feed, and now with the applications, it's approaching status as another Myspace.

+1 Bane of the Internet

Beans

I think tools that make life easier are great; however, MySpace seems to have spawned a bunch of <not-so-bright-people> who have hijacked the web.

When you cater to such people, problems are bound to occur.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    I think tools that make life easier are great; however, MySpace seems to have spawned a bunch of <not-so-bright-people> who have hijacked the web.

When you cater to such people, problems are bound to occur.
    How? Anyway, to me it's just a popular social networking website and feelings like these are bigotry.

Beans

I also voted Bane of the Internet for lack of a worse option.

At least Facebook's site works. MySpace is ALWAYS having technical issues, their site is open to SQL injection (which I have personally had a lot of fun with), private profiles can be viewed publicly with little effort on the part of the attacker, the layouts are hideous, etc. I'm a web developer myself, and I am at a complete loss as to why myspace doesn't hire better developers to go back and fix it. There's no excuse.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I don't know if it's a bane, but it is annoying. I had a myspace page, once, but really found no use for it..
    · Compaq Presario 5630 PII, 400 Mhz, 384 MB RAM: Arch with XFCE 4.6, Antix, Debian w/LDXE
    · Dell Dimension 8200, P4 2.2Ghz, 1.5 Gig RAM, Ubuntu 10.10 and Windows 7 (vrtualbox)
    · Thinkpad R40, P4 M 2.0 Ghz, 1 Gig RAM, Ubuntu 10.10

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast