I've seen some folks having trouble getting RKWard to work on Ubuntu Feisty. I decided to see if I could get it working on my machine, and was able to get it up and running. I thought I'd post how I did it in case it might help someone else.
First of all, the RKWard package in the Ubuntu repos is broken, and a simple apt-get install rkward did not give me a functional package. Here's what I did to get it woking.
- Download version 0.4.7a (rkward-0.4.7a.tar.gz) from:
- Obtain the required packages for RKWard to compile:
Code:sudo apt-get build-dep rkward
- Extract the .tar.gz and change into the rkward-0.4.7a directory
- Enter the following commands:
Code:sudo ./configure sudo make sudo make install
- Start RKWard by enteringat a terminal, or hitting Alt+F2 and entering rkward.Code:rkward