Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Howto: Openfire - XMPP (also called Jabber) Server

Beans

Re: Howto: Openfire - XMPP (also called Jabber) Server

Quote Originally Posted by shanepardue View Post
    I've had a very rough time with the stability of the Openfire server I've set up recently. I've installed it on two different Ubuntu (7.04) machines and both have very similar issues. The first time a client tries to connect, they get either the invalid username/password error message or the server unreachable message. Usually about two minutes later, the client is able to connect. This wouldn't be so bad, but it seems to happen repeatedly even after the first login, but it's more random thereafter.

Could this be an Ubuntu compatibility issue? I don't think it's a configuration issue or even an openfire one simply because I've used other jabber server software and I experience the same problems.

It's really hard to reproduce the problem after the first login, but it happens enough to not use this in production.

Thank you for your help!
    I get the impression Ubuntu doesn't like Openfire, I'm using 6.0.6 and about every 12 hours I get disconnected with xmpp.client.idle set to -1, I've read up on their forums and others are having the same problem as me but it has yet to be resolved, one person jumped ship to Fedora Core and they say it solved the problem. I'm now using Openfire 3.3.3, while I was using 3.3.2 I was having the same issue as yourself so I would suggest upgrading if you haven't.
    Last edited by FANTAchrist; November 3rd, 2007 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Made an oops

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm not sure if you read my post in another forum or what, but I also switched to Fedora and had no problem. That was my solution.

Beans

Haha wow... I just found that post and it was you! I feel like a goof now.

Beans

Hi,
    Apparently I cant get openfire connect to MySQL databse. I'm using Ubuntu 7.04. This is what i have at the database URL:jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/openfire. Anybody who can help?

Beans

Is there a way to completely reconfigure openfire?
    It couldn't login so i deleted the database, but i don't get the configure option anymore....

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by HS-L View Post
    Is there a way to completely reconfigure openfire?
    It couldn't login so i deleted the database, but i don't get the configure option anymore....
    1. open openfire.xml
    2. go to tag <setup>true</setup> and change in on <setup>false</setup>
    3. restart openfire

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by D_2 View Post
    Anyone know how to get to the admin page other than using http://localhost:9090 I have this on my Ubuntu server that isn't connected to a monitor so I use Putty to get to it and I did try links to get to it but that did get me to the pages but it was kind of hard to read and so i am trying to find a way to get to the page other than using http://localhost:9090
    I did try IP of that box (192.168.1.5:9090) but it didn't work.
    A late reply, yes, but I had the same problem last night and others might as well. To solve this I installed lynx, a text based browser, on the server and was then able to connect to http://127.0.0.1:9090 using the same ssh window I had been using to do the install.

I'm at work right now and don't have access to the machine, but I believe that
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install lynx
    will do the trick. It took me a couple minutes to get used to the navigation, but it's really not bad.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Howto: Openfire - XMPP (also called Jabber) Server

Hello,
    My openfire 3.64, everything works but I can't tranfer file with yahoo or MSN, pls HELP!!

Thanks alot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks for the step-by-step tutorial.
    Openfire made me go nuts with the "nohup.out" problem.
    I followed the instruction, and it worked like a charm.
    I'm using Openfire 3.6.4, Ubuntu 9.04 Server, Java JDK 6, and MySQL 5.1.

Thank you very much..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'm also trying to get this working, but having no luck. I *think* it's running...

netstat -tap shows:
    Code:
    tcp6       0      0 [::]:9092               [::]:*                  LISTEN      1871/java
    and when I visit
    Code:
    http://openfire.mydomain.com:9092/
    The favicon loads...

But the page is completely blank! The docs say I should see a set-up wizard, but nothing's there. There's nothing exciting in the log files either.

I'm also using Openfire 3.6.4, Ubuntu 9.04 Server, Java JDK 6, and MySQL 5.1.

Any ideas?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast