Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: HOW TO: install Enemy Territory

Beans

Re: HOW TO: install Enemy Territory

I've reinstalled ET (after giving up a while back) to see if I could get it to run completely in kubuntu Lucid 64bit. I installed through getdeb binaries. I have sound and all comes up but my mouse is stuck in the upper left. I have to use the keyboard to quit the game. I could give the output I get when i run et on the commandline if someone can give me the command for capturing output. Please somebody assist me with this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm having problems with sound on ET and its derivatives (TC:E and TC:CQB). I have attempted the fixes, and my problem is I get these error messages:
    Code:
    ------- sound initialization -------
    /dev/dsp: No such file or directory
    Could not open /dev/dsp
    I have tried the script fix:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2debian-alsa
    To get and make the script installable

wget -q -O - http://nullkey.kapsi.fi/et-sdl-sound/et-sdl-sound.gz | gzip -d > et-sdl-sound && chmod a+x et-sdl-sound
    , which does work for et when running the et-sdl-sound code with the alsa setup, but how do I produce the sound lib and preload it so that I don't have to run the script every time? Also how can I modify this script to work with True Combat: Elite?

Thanks for your help.

Beans

Question Re: HOW TO: install Enemy Territory [v. 11.10]

Ok, I've installed everything (no sound yet..., to be fixed later) it boots, pulls up server lists and allows me to attempt to enter. HOWEVER, every server I try it starts to load, then kicks me out, back to the main menu with an error message saying
    "You have an invalid GUID. This may be a temporary problem. You should try reconnecting."
    So I click "Reconnect" and it boots me back to the menu and error message.

Also, I want to try out TC:E and CQB at some point, but... I go back to the original problem.

I know this is an incredibly geriatric thread, and therefore things like "libgtk1.2" no longer apply (as we're now on libgtk v. 3.0).

The game is a bit aged, but it looks good and if penguspy is right, it's a killer game.

Beans

Hello everybody it's my first post here, few days ago I try to install ET on my ubuntu, but I can't do it ;o Before I haven't got problem with it, can u help me?

Code:
    michal@ubuntu:~$ ./et-linux-2.55.x86.run
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing Enemy Territory 2.55.............................................................................................................................................
    It is recommended to install as the super user
    Please enter the root password or hit enter to continue as is
    Password: 
    su: Authentication failure
    The setup program seems to have failed on x86/unknown

See http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/linux/ for troubleshooting
    For sure I installed (libglib1.2 ; libgtk1.2-common ; libgtk1.2), and I have 32 bit version of ubuntu.

Beans

So, synaptic has Enemy Territory, I installed it that way, sound works, but mouse doesn't. The mouse starts in the upper left corner and as soon as I start to move the mouse it slides quickly off the bottom right and never comes back.... Any ideas on that? I have seen stuff here and there about DGA being a problem and maybe needing to edit my xfree config file, but not sure what to do? I am running ubuntu 12.10 64bit.

Thanks

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738