Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who dual boots windows?

Beans

Who dual boots windows?

Who here dual boots windows?

And, do you do it because you have too or do you still like windows at all? Or do you hate windows?

Just curious.

Jason

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Who dual boots windows?

i have a tri boot and a dual boot laptop.

on the tri boot is windows (haven't used), backtrack (use for security class) and ubu 6.06.

on the dual boot is osX (haven't used in 6 mos) and ubu 7.04 use daily for irc, email, etc.

So, I guess the answer is I don't really hate any os, I just currently enjoy using ubuntu for my personal computing.

At work I still utilize a windows server and dos (foxpro) database.
    Last edited by jedijf; August 13th, 2007 at 02:21 AM.
    irc - freenode #ubuntu-us-pa
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
    -- Jedi Master Yoda

Beans

no dual boots here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I dual boot windows and ubuntu because there are some programs in windows that i just can't live without and I can't find a good alternative in Linux. Also I can't get anything that requires 3d acceleration to work in Ubuntu because of my machines hardware. Dual booting has worked out well for me but I wouldn't do it if I didn't need Windows.
    Registered Linux User # 451883 - Registered Ubuntu User # 16711

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

My old laptop (about 3 2/3 years old) dual boots windows and Gutsy. It runs Gutsy 99% of the time right now.

My desktop (homemade, 2/3 years old) has only seen Ubuntu, currently running 7.04.

My new MacBook (currently in the hands of FedEx) will eventually dual boot OSX and Ubuntu. (That's the plan.)

The only time I've used Windows on my personal computers in the past 8 months is when I've needed it for class (or to test something out). Most of the time for that, I've run it within a virtual environment.

Beans

My computer is windows free, and has been for atleast a year.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I don't dual boot anymore. The two main clients for my business require that I use WinXP as a development environment for the applications I write for them. I have to run WinXP but instead of dual booting, I use a virtual machine. Started with VMWare Server to create the VM. Then moved to VMWare Player to run the VM with USB 2.0 support. I was surprised at how easy it was to do. And all free, except for the WinXP license

Beans

I used to dual boot Linux/Windows, but I invariably found myself wishing I booted the other system instead and rebooting all the time quickly became a pain in the derrier.

As mentioned above, the solution is to install the free VMware Server (from the VMware web site) and VMware Player (which is in Synaptic) and install ******* XP in that. This way, you can run Windows in a window without having to reboot all the time. This is far more convenient.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I triple boot ubuntu/vista/xp. I use ubuntu for everything except gaming on xp. The only reason I have vista is for Halo 2.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I still have my primary PC set up as dual-boot (Feisty/W2K) but I haven't booted into Windows for weeks.

My other PC runs Ubuntu exclusively.
    Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
    Adventures In Linux

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast