Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A way for average users to influence development.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Exclamation Re: A way for average users to influence development.

Quote Originally Posted by azz
    2. Debian bug reported goes the other way, I think. Like a bug from debian which also applies to ubuntu gets automatically imported into ubuntu. Why this is assigned to that is wrong, I think. Don't be shy to ask about it on the devel mailling list. I am sure that you will get a quick answer, especially since it has been a few weeks now.

Usually, bugs get assigned after a few days.
    Actually it hasn't got anything to do with Debian, and it is just there for historical reasons (either it is some kind of a tribute to Debian, or somebody is just too lazy or too busy to fix it...)

When a bug is not yet assigned to anybody, it is listed as assigned to debian bug importer.

Beans

Re: A way for average users to influence development.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvark
    So... bugzilla = good way to point out problems.
    bugzilla= official feedback channel
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: A way for average users to influence development.

Quote Originally Posted by UbuWu
    When a bug is not yet assigned to anybody, it is listed as assigned to debian bug importer.
    Actually, it is listed as "unassigned". I think that if the bug reported manually changes it to something other than unassigned (for example, by accident when first reporting the bug), the bug may go unnoticed. Which is why I jokingly say that bugzilla is both a bug and a bug reporting tool.

And the debian bug importer is quite important. It automagically imports relevant debian bugs into the ubuntu versions of the packages.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123