Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself

Beans

Re: Introduce yourself

Hi all,

I'm 24 from Guernsey in the Channel Islands. Only quite part of the UK when we feel like it but I thought I'd pretend to be on this occasion .

Been an Ubuntu fiddler since Hardy days, but finally converted full-time on the desktop in the very eve of Intrepid's days.

I'm currently running Jaunty amd64 on my desktop and loving it!

Sadly I know of no nearby communities so forums could be handy!

Beans

Talking Re: Introduce yourself

Hi, my name is Steve, I'm 49 years young, and I use Ubuntu 8.10 when I eventually get it working.

Yup, I a total noob when it comes to Linux, but I hate ******* with a passion, and don't see why one man should get rich because ppl are like sheep!!

I live in Australia, and since there is no aussie site, I chose to return to my roots in the UK. I was born in Queensbuty in West Yorkshire, and left there at age 8 'for a better life' or so my folks told me.

Anyhow, here I am, hopefully I won't pester you too much, but any help certainly would be valued

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey guys, my name is Bod, I'm a 17 year old computer enthusiast with a passion for programming. I don't like gnome or kde due to the so called 'user-friendliness' of them, instead I use fluxbox.

Anywhoo, HI!!
    computer-howto
    Linux is not windows
    Fluxbox & Flux menu how to
    Programming is an art. Learn it, Live it, Love it!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Steebling View Post
    Hi, my name is Steve, I'm 49 years young, and I use Ubuntu 8.10 when I eventually get it working.

Yup, I a total noob when it comes to Linux, but I hate ******* with a passion, and don't see why one man should get rich because ppl are like sheep!!

I live in Australia, and since there is no aussie site, I chose to return to my roots in the UK. I was born in Queensbuty in West Yorkshire, and left there at age 8 'for a better life' or so my folks told me.

Anyhow, here I am, hopefully I won't pester you too much, but any help certainly would be valued
    oh , steebling , what probs you having with 8,10 , if its a down load to cd/dvd installation , you know gotta burn that to a ISO bootable copy , not a data copy disc
    Last edited by looplu; May 1st, 2009 at 12:36 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

James, live in Worcester, working for a UK ISP "which one i wont tell although its not hard to guess." Ubuntu user on and off for about a year now, before then open suse and red hat. prefer Ubuntu for its ease of use.

hoping to find out a lot more about computers in general and broaden my horizons on IT.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Ian from Northfleet in Kent.

Now redundant, setting up my own IT consultancy business (see link in sig).

Anyone near me?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi Guys,

Im Jordan, Im 15. I have been using Ubuntu for 2-3Years. I have joined the IRC Group, the mailing list and now the forum!

I also took delivery of my new ubuntu hoody and Jaunty jackalope release today! Wheyy!

Hi,

Most people know me as Silver Fox. I live about half way between Leicester and Coventry. I have been using Ubuntu for a while now and really enjoying it. I have been working as a professional web developer and database administrator. I hope to get to know people better and maybe even attend some LUG's.

-Silver Fox
    Last edited by s.fox; February 7th, 2010 at 03:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi all,

My name is Paul, I'm 23 years old, I live in the North West (near Warrington, if anyone knows it ) and I work in IT on the support side (Woe! Woe! )

I've only just started using Ubuntu so I'm currently ploughing through beginner guides trying to pick up as much as I can. I'm loving it so far but it makes Windows look like child's play! I certainly have a long way to go... but I'm willing to keep learning

Anyway, cya around the boards!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi

I'm Adrian, 41, from Horsham.

Dual booting XP and Jaunty (64 bit). I only put Ubuntu on my PC 3 weeks ago although I have been using various Linux distributions (mostly Red Hat) at work for a few years. I intend to migrate fully to Jaunty over the summer (there are some hardware issues to sort first). I have finally got it all working how I want so I'm going to start fiddling around and breaking it and altering a few things
    Last edited by smudge12b; June 24th, 2009 at 11:58 AM.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast