Thread: New Introduction

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

New Introduction

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, as I am trying to join the LOCO team. I've subscribed to the mailing list and applied to being added to the launchpad page.

My name is SW2(SCW) Phil Moran. I am actually from the northern side of RI next to Attleboro. I haven't found many people interested in starting a LOCO team in RI as of yet, so I'd like to be accepted to the group.

I am currently deployed to the middle east in support of the war. I am a Navy Seabee. We handle alot of the battle space construction and combat tactics. I've been at this for about 12 years in both active duty and reserve space.

My technical expertise, as a civilian I've been a Senior Systems Engineer in support of Litigation and Data Forensics for about 8 years. I have been working with many linux distros, solaris, and of course Windows.

While my time out here is rather short, I'd like to get involved as much as I can. If I can help with the team approval documentation, I can read through the documentation in my downtime and put together a prioritized document compiling needs and attainment steps for everyone to collaborate on. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks.
    Seabee Steelworker - Armor Bees "We Build to Protect"
    My Wiki Page ----Chuck's Blog ----
    Rhode Island LoCo Team

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: New Introduction

Welcome.

I also have not formally introduced myself. My name is Michael and I work for Siemens as a Lvl 2 & 3 desk-side support tech on the PC(Software/Hardware Troubleshooting) and Mac(Production & Design Software/Hardware). I have at-least 5 years tech experience. At the moment, I can help with design and some distribution. Since I work in the downtown Boston area, I am working on recruiting and teaching people about ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

greetings guys

hello, new member to the group here, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. (i'm Daves1976 on Launchpad) been using linux for about 2-3 years, just got into ubuntu about 2 months ago.
    a little info on me, i live in Holbrook, (about 15 south of Boston) i drive a truck for my full time gig, but have a small side business that give me some extra cash. been using computers all my life, (i remember when the apple IIe was the be all end all) i love tinkering with all kinds of programs, (so linux is great for me, i've also managed to get into the windows kernel fool around with that) i was a tester for Vista, (released WAY too soon) b4 the public testing. (started at build 5600). so far loving ubuntu, great stability and customizing.
    hope to get to know you all. talk to you all later