Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Welcome

I just found this today. I will continue to check in and hopefully I can learn something from the rest of you. Like the others, I am glad to have fellow Ubuntu users close by.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

it's always good to see another mississippi user. we're (some of my co-workers, colleagues and friends) are starting a linux community in hattiesburg that will be open to anyone and will not be limited by just one distro. while i personally use ubuntu and opensuse, there are other linux users out there who have different tastes and preferences. you can email me if you'd like to find out more about our group and our meetings and mailing lists.

Beans

Howdy, I'm in Hattiesburg as well. I've an older version of Ubuntu (6.10) on an old machine at home and plan on putting DSL on another machine at home. The company I work for uses RedHat on their servers, which I get to install/maintain. Good thing is, I don't have to do a lot of 'maintaining', lol. They had me get my Linux+ certification last year, which means nothing, but I've still a LOT to learn.

I've just started messin' around with the various flavors. I've set up a 'home lab' at the house. My oldest daughter and I mess around on it. We've two linux boxes and two windows machines, with a couple of switches/hubs thrown in. We do some 'experimenting', etc.

Interested at delving into cluster computing with linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Great to see others in MS using Ubuntu. I'm sorry to see that there aren't more. I am trying to convert family and friends over to Ubuntu. If there are ever any Ubuntu classes or meeting in north or central MS, then please let me know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I didnt think we had a MS Loco team so I never bothered to check to see if we had a forum.
    I am in Northeast MS north of Tupelo (near Corinth).
    I have been using Linux since around 1998.

I have seen a few Linux users in our area, some of which I once worked with many years ago and a few here and there.

I actually used to be a big Ubuntu supporter few years ago under my previous alias "Bandit".
    But now I use Debian and spend more time with my family.

Cheers,
    Exodist
    Linux User: 380654
    CIW Certified Internet Web Professional: 435668

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12