Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logo Concepts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Logo Concepts

On the mailing list, we are going over various ideas for the team logo. So far, I've got these ideas down on our wiki pages https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MissouriTeam...s/ArtWork/Logo

Feel free post any other ideas you might like. Also, this is an excellent chance to show off your art skills.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Logo Concepts

I've updated the ArtWork/Logo page with a couple of my own submissions as well as deadlines to have your graphics included in the official logo vote. The deadline for uploading your graphics will be September 1st. A vote will be held on the first meeting of September (5th) for the official logo.

Remember, your artwork does not have to be final to be included with the voting. Even if you scan something you scribbled on a napkin, it can be included. If you need help putting your ideas down on paper, drop a note so we can help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Sorry, no design skills here. Out of the 2, I like the 2nd one better (MissouriTeam-LoCo-2.svg). The first one looks like it is zeroing in on a certain part of the state. The 2nd looks like it encompasses the entire thing.

That's my 2 cents.

Beans
    Distro

Joe has given me an idea of his and I was able to create a scalable version. Feel free to have a look on the wiki.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MissouriTeam...s/ArtWork/Logo

Suggestions or comments are welcome.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

to be honest, I do like the second and 3rd one.... but their kind of missing something....

What If Spr0k3t's picture was fused a little bit? I don't exactly have the image editing skills to be able to do this, but what if in Spr0k3t's picture, the Ubuntu logo got switched to the custom Missouri colored Ubuntu logo on JoeBrouhard's picture. Also, you could have the bears picture in the middle of the state, but have them look implemented into the picture....

It seems like it would look good... but I don't know if the final product would look good, its just my idea, thats all.

Beans
    Distro

Interesting thought. Thanks to how wonderful SVG graphics are, this should be simple to build. I'll give this a shot and post it up as the 4th option.

Beans
    Distro

Yeah, that was pretty easy to implement. Once you have the structured components, you just move things around like objects with Inkscape. Makes for quick graphic development.

Beans
    Distro

I've posted this information to the mailing list... however, I wanted to make sure everyone knows about the vote this week in IRC.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Visually, I like #4 the best, but it will be hugely expensive to set up for silkscreening and/or embroidery (so many colors!). I would recommend that we set up a pair of logos:

1. Something like #4 that is visually complex with several colors that can be used to attract attention for online visitors, and also used in black-and-white.
    2. A simple logo to use for merchandise that would consist of no more than four colors, with no gradients. For logo 4, that could be the red white and blue Ubuntu circle, using a black outline around the circle elements and enclosing a transparent state.

I have no graphic art talent whatsoever -- I'm the token beancounter in the group. So someone else with more eye may want to look at the logos and see what we can do to make them compatible with identity marketing.

Beans
    Distro

That's the idea. Once we have a logo we want to use and is approved by Canonical... we will then create different revisions of the same logo... just restricted colors and schema for formatting. The final logo will also be converted to CMYK color corrected for print media. Once we have the logo... we can move to a more refined limelight for the project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast