Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Animated icon in gnome?

Beans

Re: Animated icon in gnome?

Photoshop works with WINE if you really need it, why "Animated icon in gnome" has turned to migrating back to Windows I dont know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Half-Left View Post
    Photoshop works with WINE if you really need it, why "Animated icon in gnome" has turned to migrating back to Windows I dont know.
    sounds like it was more than the icons. I hate photoshop myself, but I wont mention GIMP. People like what the know.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NoSmokingBandit View Post
    ...photoshop. And dont even mention the gimp, it doesnt even come close to the glory of photoshop. I also needed guitar pro, a cd burner that works, need to use my soundcard...
    Care to read my post first, Half-Left? I could make a full list of important stuff that doesnt work well in linux yet, but thats not the purpose of this thread.
    CS2 doesnt really work with wine. It loads and everything, but if it crashes every 5 minutes, its not worth running. Photoshop 7 is almost as bad as the gimp.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NoSmokingBandit View Post
    I've actually migrated back into windows xp. Too much didnt work with ubuntu, the most important being photoshop. And dont even mention the gimp, it doesnt even come close to the glory of photoshop. I also needed guitar pro, a cd burner that works, need to use my soundcard... ill be back once everything works.
    I might give the animated svg's a shot anyway if i have an afternoon with nothing to do. Dont wait for me though...
    $500 dollars on the fact you pirated photoshop, and another $300 you didn't learn how to use the exact same tools on Gimp. The only thing noticbly diffrent from the two is the selector tools.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Yup photoshop can run on linux through wiine etc. Gimp is better in my opinion if you master the layout of it and cd burning programs have never failed me. Enjoy Win-DOZE ZzZzZz tho
    Current Ubuntu Version: Ubuntu 18.04 X64
    Ubuntu User for 10+ Years...
    Phone: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 on Android O

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by darkadvice View Post
    $500 dollars on the fact you pirated photoshop, and another $300 you didn't learn how to use the exact same tools on Gimp. The only thing noticbly diffrent from the two is the selector tools.
    I beg to differ when it comes to that last statement. I started out by using GIMP for a couple of years ago, and I was pretty comfortable with it, hell, I even recommended it to a couple of friends. But after using it for about 1,5 years, I decided to try Photoshop. So after purchasing a license and trying it out for a few weeks, I decided that I hated it, simply because I was used to the GIMP. But anyway, I didn't want to waste my expensive-*** license, so I kept using it, and after about another week, I started learning how to use it. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and the quality of my artwork had improved by 150%.
    Now I've been using it for 4 years or so, and it's one of the few reasons I still keep my windows partition. No offence to anyone who uses GIMP, but 95% of all the artwork/webdesigning I've seen from GIMP users has been sub par. Not because they lack talent, but because the tools they use are not adequate when you reach a certain skill level.
    For the price of $0, GIMP is ******* awesome, don't get me wrong. But it just can't compete with a commercial product which professionals all over the world use. Every single person that I have seen move from GIMP to photoshop have improved their work (that doesn't mean they automatically get good, just that they become better once they're used to the new interface).
    Good things can certainly come from GIMP/Incscape. Just look at the ubuntu site (which I assume was made by using incscape or gimp). I'm just saying that it's a lot harder to produce something good when you have inadequate tools.

Now, just to avoid getting flamed to death, I have to say that if you are not willing, or simply don't have any reason to spend $650 on getting professional tools, GIMP is definitely the best free graphics editing software available. And trust me, I've tried the lot of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12