Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the North Carolina LoCo forum!

Beans

Re: Welcome to the North Carolina LoCo forum!

hey guys, I'm writing from Chapel Hill/Carrboro. I've been thinking about setting a digital template at an embroidery place here in the triangle so that we can get things printed for our group if we want. The one-time digitization fee of the logo should be about $50 dollars, and then after that we're free to order whatever items we want from their place with the design on it. You can also supply your own products to be embroidered, so if you have a favorite bag/item that you would like to use then that is definitely an option as well. As a design, I was thinking of starting out using the standard ubuntu logo (similar to the forums one at the top of this page). Let me know what you guys think and i'll look into getting things set up!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

hey whatzzzzz up from Carolina Beach

CB

Beans
    Hidden!

Hello to everyone from Fayetteville/ Fort Bragg/ Cameron, NC. I have been using Linux for about 5 years now, Ubuntu for the last 2 years. Im glad to see a local community developing in this area for Linux and Ubuntu users. I have sampled and used a variety of distributions over the years and just finished my RHCT certification on the 11th so that I can begin teaching the RedHat curriculum at the local community college here in town. Hopefully, we can get the gears turning on this thing and work together to further the Ubuntu (and open source) projects.

-Vin

Beans

Hi, From Harnett County. Coat, N.C.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Just sayin' hey from Enka/Candler. We get to be one or the other, depends on how you feel that day or if you need to mail something...

Been around since Breezy. I use Ubuntu Studio and just started on Mythbuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Just want to say hello. Been using Ubuntu since Gutsy. Totally without any MS and lovin' it. My neck of the woods is southern Wake County near Holly Springs and Harris Lake. High to evert one.

Beans

Concord user here.(Just outside of Charlotte) I've been using Ubuntu sense Breezy, and used Fedora before that, tracking back to Fedora Core 2. I run Kubuntu 8.04 on my laptop, and Mythbuntu on my DVR machine. My main desktop is still stuck with XP, however, due to hardware incompatibilities, Windows games, and my iPod needing to be tethered to iTunes, but I might look into running XP in VirtualBox for iTunes.

Just got clued into the whole LoCo thing, so I figured I'd chime in. I'm glad to see there are some NC users.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm in Concord also, great to hear from someone close by.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Belmont, NC here...

Been with Ubuntu for about 3 days-ever since a virus wiped out a 15year collection of research and 'stuff' on an XP machine, "protected" by NOD32.

I'm gonna need LOTS of help.

Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by papabill View Post
    Belmont, NC here...

Been with Ubuntu for about 3 days-ever since a virus wiped out a 15year collection of research and 'stuff' on an XP machine, "protected" by NOD32.

I'm gonna need LOTS of help.

Thanks
    Good luck. Keep us posted.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast