Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Welcome to the North Carolina LoCo forum!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Welcome to the North Carolina LoCo forum!

Hello. I posted here for the first time 3 months ago. There is no activity here, is this NC team disbanded ?

I have not met or heard from anybody on this NC team.
    I just moved to Raleigh recently. I would like to hear from fellow Ubuntu users in the Raleigh area.
    Eddie Colon
    Raleigh,NC

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ecr959 View Post
    Hello. I posted here for the first time 3 months ago. There is no activity here, is this NC team disbanded ?

I have not met or heard from anybody on this NC team.
    I just moved to Raleigh recently. I would like to hear from fellow Ubuntu users in the Raleigh area.
    I didn't know there was a Ubuntu Forum section for the LoCos. Anyway, I don't think this LoCo is active anymore (or it is taking a haitus or something). I'm on the mailing list and there used to be quite a bit of activity, but it petered out in the last 10 months or so. There was actually a 11.04 release party in Chapel Hill that had about 10 people or so, but that was the last thing I heard about this LoCo.

Welcome to Raleigh, though. While the LoCo is not very active, there is plenty of Linux around here. Between Red Hat and the Open Source communities at the universities, there are around 4 decent events a year that are fun to go to and meet some geeks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Thank you , CCRS8. I appreciate your answer. Maybe, if you read this reply soon, you can send me a PM and tell me about those 4 events in the raleigh area.

I am new to Raleigh, arrived last November. I got a room to stay in, and I think I'm about to be hired at SEARS Outlet, in Garner.
    Eddie Colon
    Raleigh,NC

Beans

Yo! Ubuntu user from the Piedmont-Triad area here. Would love to chat Ubuntu with some fellow Carolinians! Glad to know there's a group for this.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910