Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 LastLast

Thread: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Beans

Re: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Theme: iMetal port by SkiesofAzel
    Icons: Cats 2 by Susumu, Misc by Jonas Rask
    Wallpaper: Modified aqua wallpaper

I know, I know. I have a fetish for Mac themes...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by ~LoKe View Post
    Mmm....too much JavaScript for me.
    Mmm....too much CSS for me =p

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hello,

I have enabled "Desktop Effects", but notice a lag at times. I have a low-down onboard graphics chipset which is sharing memory from my primary memory. Currently its eating 8MB from the 512MB pie. Would increasing the share visibly boost "Desktop Effects" performance? I'm using the default drivers that came with Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro

You do know that this really is not the place to ask this question? You should open a new thread if you want to ask questions like that. Anyway, it probably will boost the effects performance, yeah. I don't suggest giving it too much though. You might just run out of RAM for other things.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Emulating another OS, but at least it's not Vista, Mac or... ughh.... XP Nope, it's Nimbus from Solaris 10, with Somatic icons and a wallpaper made by me.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mrgnash
    Emulating another OS, but at least it's not Vista, Mac or... ughh.... XP Nope, it's Nimbus from Solaris 10, with Somatic icons and a wallpaper made by me.
    Well I used to emulate Vista, then I emulated Mac for a while, and then i mixed and matched and had both elements in my desktop, but now you could say I'm emulating my handphone? =P That came from the black and green colour scheme I set for myself.

Also, no offence, but Vista's look seem much nicer than the one you show there. I guess every person has his/her own tastes. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder anyway =P
    Last edited by hyperair; August 31st, 2007 at 11:23 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by hyperair View Post
    Well I used to emulate Vista, then I emulated Mac for a while, and then i mixed and matched and had both elements in my desktop, but now you could say I'm emulating my handphone? =P That came from the black and green colour scheme I set for myself.

Also, no offence, but Vista's look seem much nicer than the one you show there. I guess every person has his/her own tastes. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder anyway =P
    I tend to agree with you, but my main objection to Vista and Mac themes is that everyone has them -- particularly Vista. But, as far as themes go, Vista is an impressive bit of work, I'll admit.

Beans
    Distro

Yeah, I agree with that, definitely. That's why I never posted in any of the previous "(Month) (Year) Desktops" threads =p

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hey OpenBox friends, try this for weirdness!
    http://www.ibelieveinadv.com/commons/pshead.jpg
    pekWM | archlinux | Dell E5400
    CounterStream Radio

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by ~LoKe View Post
    Emerald with the AXON theme.
    Do you have a link to the AXON theme?

Quote Originally Posted by drbraniac View Post
    ...Theme: iMetal port by SkiesofAzel
    Icons: Cats 2 by Susumu, Misc by Jonas Rask
    Wallpaper: Modified aqua wallpaper

I know, I know. I have a fetish for Mac themes...
    The theme is the windows version...do you have a link to the Linux version?

EDIT: Did you just change it(ORIGINAL THEME http://mrrste.deviantart.com/art/iMetal-GUI-45166730) from IMetal_GUI_by_mrrste.zip to IMetal_GUI_by_mrrste.tar.gz?
    Last edited by ArtF10; August 31st, 2007 at 02:30 PM.

Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 LastLast