Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Beans

Re: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Quote Originally Posted by Vansinnesvisan View Post
    Wallpaper
    Panel replaced with Tint
    very nice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Openbox on Zenwalk Linux

Conky at the bottom.

GTK and OB themes are 'Dyne' by lyrae.

Fonts are Cronos Pro for OB title bars, and Liberation Sans elsewhere.

The pic is mainly to show off the GMail Stylish skin called DAGmail, which adds a Deviant art style to it, and also using the clean gmail style to rid it of the extraneous stuff.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most " -- Ozzy Osbourne

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Oh yeah, and this is what my Xfce session looks like. Sometimes one wants a clean environment to work in
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by What is in a name? View Post
    Now, be honest... Hidden Docker, Pypanel with the clock, Visibility with all the rest and I still miss TTM a bit... What do you think of THIS:

Maybe I'm crazy, but for some reason I like you icons a lot. What are they?

p.s. is their a gnome equivelent of tropic bomb?
    Last edited by luckyd; August 19th, 2007 at 10:51 PM.

Openbox 3.4.4 on Arch Linux. Busy:

Clean:

I've fallen into the habit of setting my desktop with xsetroot, rather than a wallpaper image with feh. It feels a little snappier. Anyway, that's a Tango blue color there (#204a87, if you must know).
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by bonzodog View Post
    Fonts are Cronos Pro for OB title bars, and Liberation Sans elsewhere.
    Did you buy the Cronos font?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyd View Post

The Icons are the new Oxygen set from KDE 4.
    The OpenBox theme that "What is in a name?" is using is called 'Bamboo'
    Anyway, I don't know of any metacity theme equivalent to any of these.
    pekWM | archlinux | Dell E5400
    CounterStream Radio

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Wink Re: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Well I tried to make a light theme, but as long as monitors are backlit... I just can't. So here is a darklooks theme with tweaked colors.

Old school colors, slightly off black to ease contrast. Classic amber and green color scheme.

Firefox 3 (Minefield) with zoom in the shot too, with custom colors.

And enjoy the last screen cap, who knew it was in the repos... (xyzzy!)

The idea of copyright did not exist in ancient times, when authors frequently copied other authors at length in works of non-fiction. This practice was useful, and is the only way many authors' works have survived even in part. -- Richard Stallman

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by urukrama View Post
    Nice, though I find the blue icons very odd. They don't really match your wallpaper, openbox or gtk theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuscia View Post
    i agree, the blue is kind of odd. maybe the buuf icons, or human ultra green (if you want some contrast) would be better. the current inspector matt icons would match the color scheme fairly well.
    Well, I know blue is not a dominant colour on my desktop (so my folder icons really DO make a contrast...), but believe me I tried to find decent icons in warm colours and I didn't find anything that would please me. God, I hate Buuf, and now that I managed to find some screenshots of Inspector Matt iconset I can't like them either. So I think I will try to make some researches again, or maybe try to radically change the colour of my current folders to something more orange-ish or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyd View Post

Quote Originally Posted by el mariachi View Post
    Did you buy the Cronos font?

The Icons are the new Oxygen set from KDE 4.
    The OpenBox theme that "What is in a name?" is using is called 'Bamboo'
    Anyway, I don't know of any metacity theme equivalent to any of these.
    Well, actually, only the folder icon is slightly related to Oxygen set, as I took it from an iconset named Leopard and then changed the colour a bit. But the idea was to make it similar to the Oxygen folders, yes.

Help.
    In the midst of silence, the greatest temptation is to speak.
    All the Eikon2 icon theme updates (and other personal theme mods and whatnot) at http://drop.io/fmrbpensador

Beans

So, I decided to recolour my folder icons at the GIMP, so here it is...

Is this what you were talking about?

In the midst of silence, the greatest temptation is to speak.
    All the Eikon2 icon theme updates (and other personal theme mods and whatnot) at http://drop.io/fmrbpensador

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by What is in a name? View Post
    Well, I know blue is not a dominant colour on my desktop (so my folder icons really DO make a contrast...), but believe me I tried to find decent icons in warm colours and I didn't find anything that would please me. God, I hate Buuf, and now that I managed to find some screenshots of Inspector Matt iconset I can't like them either. So I think I will try to make some researches again, or maybe try to radically change the colour of my current folders to something more orange-ish or whatever..
    the orange you have now goes much better with everything else. i still don't like the shape of the folders, but, of course, all of this is so much about personal preference.

Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast