Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: August 2007 Desktops (Safe for work ONLY) - Please include theme details.

openbox, xfce4-panel, swiftfox (sir.community theme), moomex gtk theme and an almost completely unmolested wallpaper from interfacelift...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

This is the setup I always return to. Simple home-made wallpaper, openbox oPerfection theme, home-made Clearlooks-Calla gtk theme (a combination of Clearlooks and Calla), etiquette icons. I'm not too happy about the fonts, though. I normally use URW Gothic L, but wanted a change. I haven't found a good alternative yet, but am using HeldustryFT Black. (If you know of any good clean fonts, please let me know!).

The applications in screenshot 2 are Thunar, GMPC, docker and bbtime.

Nothing terribly fancy, but it works for me.
    Last edited by urukrama; August 2nd, 2007 at 01:28 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Changed stuff a little bit, I'll need your help though..

See docker? It has one "square" too many, that keeps disappearing and re-appearing -can't it be quiet? *I also need to find out how to move it and change it's color*

Visibility or TTM - I can't get neither to work (visibility's site is down and TTM gives me some error about Pango [it is installed] )

I changed the GTK to GAIA and the fonts to *the ones dbbolton talked about*
    Any ideas for Icons?
    pekWM | archlinux | Dell E5400
    CounterStream Radio

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by el mariachi View Post
    See docker? It has one "square" too many, that keeps disappearing and re-appearing -can't it be quiet? *I also need to find out how to move it and change it's color*
    I'm not sure why the empty square is there. Does it appear when you start a particular app? To move docker, use obconf (on the Dock tab); since docker is a dockapp, it will move to wherever you place your dock. To change its colours, select a different theme. All dockapp background colours are controlled by your theme. If you just want to change the colour of your dock, but do not want to change theme, you can change the dock colour by changing the 'OSD' settings in the themerc file of your theme (normally ~/.themes/THEMENAME/openbox2/themerc). Note that this will also change your 'on screen display' colours (alt-tab, change desktops).

Any ideas for Icons?
    I would go for a icon theme with a darker touch, that matches the colours of your wallpaper and openbox/gtk theme. Some darker icon themes I have used in the past: whatever2, GnomeCorsair, Human Ultra Black/Gray, etc. Have a look at gnome-look.org

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Here's my latest - gone for a lighter theme. Also attached is the background from my July one - i think someone requested it (a few versions with/without various bits). Props to the creator of "Breaking the core" on deviantart, from which i made these. Details of august desk are in the shot.

EDIT: Background is from DeviantArt, by bunnywithachainsaw (i think). It might be girlwithachainsaw.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ubuntu user #11075
    Howto: AwesomeWM (OUTDATED) || My BitBucket Page || My deviantArt page
    If you find a post helpful, click the medal icon to give thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by chucky chuckaluck View Post
    ... wallpaper is a tiling of the opera icons.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by shearn89 View Post
    Here's my latest - gone for a lighter theme. Also attached is the background from my July one - i think someone requested it (a few versions with/without various bits). Props to the creator of "Breaking the core" on deviantart, from which i made these. Details of august desk are in the shot.

EDIT: Background is from DeviantArt, by bunnywithachainsaw (i think). It might be girlwithachainsaw.
    what are the apps on the lower right corner?

@urukrama: even with no app on docker the square keeps appearing and disappearing... EDIT: I think it happened because XFCE panel still had a system tray -it's fixed
    Last edited by el mariachi; August 2nd, 2007 at 02:16 PM.
    CounterStream Radio

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by ~LoKe View Post
    August 1, 2007
    That's really nice, may I ask what the theme details are?
    Recommended Resources: Ubuntu Linux Resources

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by el mariachi View Post
    what are the apps on the lower right corner?

@urukrama: even with no app on docker the square keeps appearing and disappearing... EDIT: I think it happened because XFCE panel still had a system tray -it's fixed
    Its pypanel with eqclipse launcher icons for Xterm/Thunar/Firefox. I'm also running wicd, gnome-power-manager, and gaim.
    Ubuntu user #11075
    Howto: AwesomeWM (OUTDATED) || My BitBucket Page || My deviantArt page
    If you find a post helpful, click the medal icon to give thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by chucky chuckaluck View Post
    ... wallpaper is a tiling of the opera icons.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thanks shearn89!

Anyone knows where can I get the Areao icons? I think they would look good here. (I heard it's illegal to use them and that's why they were removed from gnome-look.org -true?)
    CounterStream Radio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by ayoli View Post
    here,' my august desktop, details in screenshot.
    how did you remove the window border from your termnial?
    Last edited by arbulus; August 2nd, 2007 at 03:42 PM.

Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast