Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neo1973 vs Apple iPhone

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Neo1973 vs Apple iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by ashvala View Post
    It depednds...

because in the lights of Dvd Jon who bypassed the at&t contract it is not neccasary to sign that contract

Link please sir!
    "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
    -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Beans

I used to love smart phones, but after owning one for some time I realized one fundamental truth for me: The main use its still just a communications device.

You see it can be a little misleading to think "Oh Id be great to be able to watch movies, surf the web, play snes games and what not on my cellphone while on the go!". The thing is that maybe, is just me, but when I am out for whatever reason its because im actually doing something: driving, waiting for somebody, on work, on a meeting, chatting with somebody over coffee, etc. As much as I might get a kick out of us having a full lenght feature film on my phone Id probably never get to see it, only when I actually have time to sit down. And in those cases im either better off with a notebook pc or im at home anyway.

Thats why I switched from my old "smart phone" to a very simple modem that actually includes the 2 features I found myself actually using very frequently: mp3 player and camera. I got that small nokia 6131 up there now that I bumped to 1gb of memory, I carry something like 800mb of music and leave the rest for photos or audio recording, and sold my old mp3 player. I sometimes use the calendar and alarm but if I remember to set up the date I remember the date anyway so I don't use it much.

So its just texting, mp3, calling and pictures in that order of importance, this one is just fine for that. No N70s or others for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Neither! I refuse to support any Apple product, therefore the iPhone will always be a no no for me. Not to mention it will be with Rogers up here I think and I'm not with them. One more thing is that in Canada we don't really have flat data plans like other places, thus theres no way I'm using any phone for it's web functions. Even if the last point was rectified, I've no use for a smart phone like the Neo. I'm sticking to my 4-5 year old Motorolla, it makes calls and that's it.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitriid View Post
    I used to love smart phones, but after owning one for some time I realized one fundamental truth for me: The main use its still just a communications device.

You see it can be a little misleading to think "Oh Id be great to be able to watch movies, surf the web, play snes games and what not on my cellphone while on the go!". The thing is that maybe, is just me, but when I am out for whatever reason its because im actually doing something: driving, waiting for somebody, on work, on a meeting, chatting with somebody over coffee, etc. As much as I might get a kick out of us having a full lenght feature film on my phone Id probably never get to see it, only when I actually have time to sit down. And in those cases im either better off with a notebook pc or im at home anyway.

Thats why I switched from my old "smart phone" to a very simple modem that actually includes the 2 features I found myself actually using very frequently: mp3 player and camera. I got that small nokia 6131 up there now that I bumped to 1gb of memory, I carry something like 800mb of music and leave the rest for photos or audio recording, and sold my old mp3 player. I sometimes use the calendar and alarm but if I remember to set up the date I remember the date anyway so I don't use it much.

So its just texting, mp3, calling and pictures in that order of importance, this one is just fine for that. No N70s or others for me.
    it would be nice if you got rid of the spam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Selling my neo, in case anyone is interested.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123