Thread: Request for Modem Ethernet/Network forum Section!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Request for Modem Ethernet/Network forum Section!

The number one unanswed posts on the forum seem to deal with modems and basic home networking. It may help to actualy have a section dedicated to Ubuntu Modems and home networks to help people set up there modems and networks such as a lap top set with a cable router etc. This gives modems and home networking a specific location where someone having problems may search in advanced search and brouse posts related to the topics. Lastly it allows others that have advanced skills in this feild to brows this specific topic and volinteer there assistance to those in serios need.

Personaly My cable modem set up on initial set up but others are less fortunate which means they may give up on Ubuntu which is a great distro even before they start! Also a persons modem is the number one device after internals to get going a after install. On the up side the number of Dual boot is extreemly high so many can access the forums for a fix. Even better many listed as dual boot rate Linux as there main os. (taken from a poll)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Request for Modem Ethernet/Network forum Section!

Sounds have also been a big issues but I would think that having more HOWTOs would take care of that instead of making another section just my 2 cents
    In a world without walls who needs Windows??

Beans
    Hidden!

There's a networking section under the hardware support sections. A multimedia/sound section isn't a bad idea, but I dunno how much room we have

Beans

Ok...here is the problem: how many people use a modem or do a full out network? A bunch, but maybe not the majority. The wiki needs to fill this gap it, or there will be a lot of repeating needed, and not enough people to repeat it.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Um another interesting thing may be to have a modem section in Absolute begginers section as it would be someone who definatly needs modem assistance.
    quick program launch left mac type bar

Started by Omnios, December 30th, 2007 11:49 AM