Thread: what the heck happened to search?

Beans
    Hidden!

what the heck happened to search?

this is very frustrating. months back the search used to be so much more precise, but now I keep getting a TON of junk when I search for something . . .

did the forum staff have to make it less precise due to traffic or am I just hallucinating?
    -Patrick
    let the strings lead you

Beans

Re: what the heck happened to search?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick-Ruff View Post
    this is very frustrating. months back the search used to be so much more precise, but now I keep getting a TON of junk when I search for something . . .

did the forum staff have to make it less precise due to traffic or am I just hallucinating?
    I think it has to do with traffic, more people posting crap than anything else.

Beans

ubuntu-geek reverted the search back to vB's default a bit ago. We seem to be able to cope with the load, and it will make forum upgrades much easier.

That's as much as I know
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Hidden!

that makes sense . . . it used to be such a great search, that was the one thing that really made these forums stand out. I hope they bring it back.
    -Patrick
    let the strings lead you