Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you organize your bookmarks?

Beans

Question How do you organize your bookmarks?

I use Firefox and have my bookmarks in various folders and I have decent organization but I am curious as to how all of you organize your bookmarks. Of particular interest is how you organize the various articles, reference sites, etc. When you have a lot of them it can get cluttered easily.

Also I believe there are some websites where you can put bookmarks online, perhaps some of you use them and can share your setups.
    "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." - Joseph Dunninger

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How do you organize your bookmarks?

By size and color.

Beans

Very rarely use bookmarks these days. Tried using del.icio.us, but always forgot to add sites. If I can't remember an address I just search for it on Google search.

Beans

I use epiphany and have no bookmark folders. Well they are kind of like folders but not really: they are topics (tags).

I can leave everything without a specific folder, because the bookmarks are searched on the fly when I type in the address bar. Compared to that, firefox seems clunky to use I just take some time to make sure the bookmark title reflects the contents of the page.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

I use del.icio.us

http://del.icio.us/b0rsuk

Del.icio.us is similar to ff bookmarks with tags, but there's much more than that. First of all, you can see other people's bookmarks.In some cases, when you're looking for something specific, del.icio.us search beats google ! This is because all the sites listed there are somebody's bookmarks. Somebody's FAVOURITE pages.
    Hint: you can search for TWO or more tags at once. Just type them into search field, separated with spaces. For example, you can enter 'linux games' and it'll find only pages with both tags.

Also, if you're not paranoid about privacy, you can access your bookmarks from anywhere you have access to the internet. You can show them to other people without the need of installing or importing something (this makes it great at work). It's easy to export and import the bookmarks to and from various browsers. Unfortunately, not Konqueror, so I have to stick to FF. Del.icio.us is the only reason I keep using Firefox.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Argh, and double argh.

I'm getting tired of the hierarchical list on my browsers. I always have to fit things in places where they would just go, like at a 55%.
    And del.icio.us! (or ma.gnolia), I just can be comfortable with them! Tags seem nice, or at least that I thought so, but passing from a hierarchical way to that clunky tagged thing, is just painful and messy.

I feel very frustrated with my bookmarks.

Beans
    Hidden!

By tags. I use del.icio.us.
    Linux user #438926.|Ubuntu Linux #10924| Questions: The Smart Way

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I keep most of the links that I use in SeaMonkey. If I use them a lot, they go in the toolbar, otherwise they go into folders that are named for different topics. Anything else goes into my del.icio.us bookmarks.
    FFfswm3adrsw A+ C- D H M P++ R T+++ W Z- Sm RLCT* a cdlnw++ d++ e+ f+ h* iwf+++ j++ p++ sm#
    My LiveJournal | My Flickr Photos | My DeviantArt
    Feel free to contact me using Jabber: bonesolteradyne@livejournal.com

Beans

By tags.

I use Ephy w/ Epilicious to keep current with my Ma.Gnolia bookmarks, and use Dieu to post to Ma.gnolia (because unlike Ephy it supports private bookmarks and descriptions when bookmarking) via a Bookmarklet in Ephy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Lightbulb Re: How do you organize your bookmarks?

I find the best way is to use folders in the bookmarks toolbar and then install the extension "add bookmark here 2" so that there's an add bookmark button at the top in every folder. Each folder can be a different topic for example "Linux" "software" "hardware" "gaming" etc etc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast