Thread: Vice Commodore emulator, keyboard doesn't work

Beans

Vice Commodore emulator, keyboard doesn't work

Does the Vice emulator in the repositories not work in Fiesty? I can install it and get games loaded, but my keyboard input doesn't seem to work. Is there another C64 emulator available for Feisty that works properly? Thanks.

Beans

Re: Vice Commodore emulator, keyboard doesn't work

The keyboard will work, but it seems not for all games. For example, I can't get it to work for Impossible Mission. To set it up, there is a control on the menu that comes up when you hold down your right mouse button.

The available keyboard is via your numeric keypad. To use it, your Num Lock needs to be On. Use the number keys plus the 0 key on your numeric keypad.

See the VICE Manual for more info.

http://www.viceteam.org/vice_2.html#SEC11
    Last edited by Robin T Cox; July 30th, 2007 at 07:00 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Robin T Cox View Post
    The keyboard will work, but it seems not for all games. For example, I can't get it to work for Impossible Mission.

heheh.. That is exactly the same game I am having problems with.. So, VICE just doesn't work with Impossible Mission? That sucks...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Thumbs up Re: Vice Commodore emulator, keyboard doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by mocha View Post
    heheh.. That is exactly the same game I am having problems with.. So, VICE just doesn't work with Impossible Mission? That sucks...
    It works fine with Impossible Mission!

I'm on a laptop so I don't have it set for numeric keypad, also for the joystick setting it needs to be port 2 (you can swap it on the fly with Alt+j, that would probably fix your issue right away I think.)

Screenshots showing impossible mission, and my settings below:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The idea of copyright did not exist in ancient times, when authors frequently copied other authors at length in works of non-fiction. This practice was useful, and is the only way many authors' works have survived even in part. -- Richard Stallman

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BoyOfDestiny View Post
    the joystick setting it needs to be port 2 (you can swap it on the fly with Alt+j, that would probably fix your issue right away I think.)
    Yep.. That did the trick! Thanks!

Beans

Hi!

My keyboard don't work either. I tried the same solution as above but it didn't work. Im using laptop and kubuntu gutsy. Vice version is 1.22.

Any ideas??

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ryoz View Post
    Hi!

My keyboard don't work either. I tried the same solution as above but it didn't work. Im using laptop and kubuntu gutsy. Vice version is 1.22.

Any ideas??
    my keyboard does not work either.

Is there alternatives to x64 that works bit better?
    Which games you like / recommand to try ?

Beans

Guess what my keyboard plays up too (laptop) but randomnly works on the prophet trial.