Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOWTO: File Associations (Gnome 2.10)

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Question Re: HOWTO: File Associations (Gnome 2.10)

Hi--

I am using gnome 2.22.3 on Ubuntu 8.04.3. Is this thread where I need to look for this problem?

Symptoms:

1. When I go to open a .doc file attachment in evolution, it wants to use evince to open it, not OOo.

2. When I go to open an .odt file in Gnome's "Search for Files," it will not open it, or will open it in Kword but not OOo.

3. When I right click a file in nautilus, choose preferences and then open with, there are several instances of just about every application--text editor, OOo Word Processor, spreadsheet, you name it.

Or is there some other place I should be looking?

I also came across this thread, which seems to be pointing in the same direction as you are here.

Thanks!
    :- Doug.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOWTO: File Associations (Gnome 2.10)

Hi all. I don't think I got the point of some of you. I have my 10.04 (Gnome 2.3) Ubuntu opening ODT files with evince!!?? But I need Libreoffice to open them! (not the other way around).

The "open with" > "other application" > "remember association..." is not working. EVERY TIME evince opens them if I just click on the files

Beans

Re: HOWTO: File Associations (Gnome 2.10)

@FLeiXiuS: Thx a lot for the info! Helped me a lot, as I wanted to set the file assocs permanently for every user!

GUI sucks in this case

Ciao
    Ephraim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12