Thread: Landscape format

Beans

Landscape format

Hi there

To those who produce Full Circle, great job and thanks.

Just one observation, most people may like to save trees and view mainly onscreen. have you considered producing in landscape format, this allows much more of the page to be viewed, especially on modern widescreen monitors. TUX magazine was produced in landscape and viewing onscreen was a plesure, and it still printed fine if you wished.

Keep up the good work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Landscape format

Yes, please do so.
    Landscape format is so much easier to read on the screen. And I think, that more people read it on the screen, than actually printing it.
    <-

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Just found Fullcircle today, and I'm very happy to find something on par with Tux Magazine but specific to my distro of choice (plus the Tux guys are not exactly objective on where they stand in the Gnome vs KDE debate, which got old for me).
    Anyway, here's another vote for landscape, I think it just makes more sense. Maybe a poll on the FC site to see what readers think? Either way I'm going to keep reading, great job to all involved.

Beans

This has been discussed a lot, and the outcome every time is the same... It's not happening. I'm not going to dig up the reasons, but you'll find them in the logs of one of our meetings (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuMagazi...cleMeetingLogs) and I'm pretty sure somewhere else in this forum.

If we change design again, we will look into the possibility of landscape, so it could be a while if it's going to happen.