Thread: Tux Commander 0.5.70

Beans

Tux Commander 0.5.70

Tux Commander is open-source file manager with 2 panels side by side written for GTK2. It is developed using Borland Kylix 3 Open Edition (Object Pascal language). The main goal of this project is to create powerful user-friendly file manager for Linux. Some functions are (or will be) inspired by famous Total Commander. This project was started due to lack of quality mc-like file manager using any version of GTK.

http://tuxcmd.sourceforge.net

There is a deb for it under downloads, and works fine on Hoary

Thanks

Ben
    Last edited by vassie; July 22nd, 2005 at 10:15 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Tux Commander 0.5.70

your right - it works just fine so far

cheers
    CHANT: Hare Krishna, Hare Rama... AND BE HAPPY
    registered linux user #413097

Beans

FWIW, I've been using the emelFM2 package from rarewares unstable without any problems for a while now. It's by far the best FM for Gnome I've used.

http://www.rarewares.org/debian/pack...0.9-1_i386.deb

Beans
    Hidden!

Xfm, Gnome-commander are also very similar. Kruser...
    I lost a "z". Anyone seen it around here?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Very Interesting! Im tempted to download it to give it a try I find nautilus a bit slugish and to much like windows which is a problem because file management in Linux isn't like winX, though a open as root script gives it a bit more functionality. Mind you nautalis is great for the home directory. Anyways I would have to actualy try it to make a real comment but If it is light on resources compared to nautilus (-Big mem hungry icons etc) it might definatly have its uses if not just for its apperent functionality. Lastly it just looks like something that should define Linux. Only thing about the .deb is its stated as "Tux Commander development version binary executable". Now I have to sit back and have a think if I should download it and see if I can get it working.

cheers

Beans

Give Tux Commander a try, it is the only deb you need, I had a look at Gnome Commander, but was put off by all the dependencies

Bengg

Beans

I've tried all total commander clones for linux. Gnome commander is too old!!
    krusader is quit good, but kde.
    emelfm2 has a newer version on the webpage, I like that one too.

But Tux Commander is just the best....Still hoping for a new release. Too sad, that the drag n drop feature has low priority. Speed could be a bit better.