Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Screen Magnification with Compiz Plugin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Full Screen Magnification with Compiz Plugin

So how did you go about installing this on feisty? I've looked around, but am still somewhat unclear.

Thanks.
    Try the best game since Tetris - http://slingshot.wikispot.org/
    Downloads available for Ubuntu (including derivatives), other Linux and Windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

if you install compiz-fusion with the trevino repositories (the easy way to do it).

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=481314

you can activate the e-zoom in the compiz-settings. Ezoom is working as of today. (yesterday, you could not change the mouse-settings, today, the only 'bug' i found was a bad calibration of the non-scaled mousecursor)

The only thing i miss from the original desktopzoom is the "press super + right mousebutton + drag" routine to zoom in on a selected area of the desktop. I use the zoom mostly for watching flashvideo's fullscreen, and that routine was very handy.
    Last edited by janbockaert; July 31st, 2007 at 12:17 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks! I've got it up and running now, the ezoom plugin is really, really useful!

The only thing that would be good in the future is tracking of a text cursor - such that when zoomed into a terminal or word-processor, the text cursor is followed when typing. - Is that possible?

Thanks again!
    Downloads available for Ubuntu (including derivatives), other Linux and Windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by musther View Post
    Thanks! I've got it up and running now, the ezoom plugin is really, really useful!
    Thanks

The only thing that would be good in the future is tracking of a text cursor - such that when zoomed into a terminal or word-processor, the text cursor is followed when typing. - Is that possible?
    This is being worked on as we speak, and is the last big part of the enhanced zoom project I'm working on for Summer of Code (for Ubuntu).

This requires information from AT-SPI, however. The ezoom plugin has the interface already to be run from external applications, like Orca, so the last part is to implement it in Orca and/or a little script for those who don't want to run all of Orca for something so apparantly trivial. My goal is to have a script included in Compiz Fusion along with ezoom, that ezoom can start automatically if the user wants it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Kristian,

Sorry about the wrong name and use of pronouns . Can I blame it on not seeing your name clearly? .

Your work has been great. I will be presenting your progress to Virginia Tech's Assistive Technology Center in the coming weeks!
    Proud low vision user of Ubuntu
    ~Jason Grieves (Ubuntu Accessibility Team)

Beans
    Distro

I second that, your work has been really awesome!

This plugin is going to make the difference to many users who are not blind, visually impaired.

I doubt I'll be using it on my desktop much, but on my 14" screen laptop it's an absolute lifesaver.

I, like Jason, will be publicising this to my visually impaired friends as a way to open up Ubuntu, and more generally linux to them.

Thanks again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Are there docs or videso of how to control all of the settings?

1) how goes the dual monitor support?
    2) zoom specific windows?
    3) great work on the mouse!

thanks,

Jason Grieves

Beans
    Distro

If you install compiz-fusion as per:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=481314

Then you can go 'System>Preferences>CompizConfig Settings Manager' and double click on the ezoom plugin, you can configure all of the control keys and things in there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Yeah I see those. Its a nice GUI, but I am not sure I see anything dealing with zooming specific windows. The specific zoom regions are great too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I just spent some time playing with all of the options. Zooming per application works very well! I am amazed at the speed and accuracy. Not only do you bring focus correctly but you maximize the application to fit the zoomer.

You have finally convinced my admins here to devote some machines in our lab to showcase unix. GREAT job!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast