Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Civilization IV Beyond the Sword

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Civilization IV Beyond the Sword

Yep. I have alot of faith invested in Cedega to get this working. It's only a matter of time. I'm sure they would have alot of demand for it too.

Beans

I have Civ IV with the Warlords expansion working almost perfectly in Cedega (the wonder videos mess up, but that's about it), but whenever I try to install Beyond the Sword or even the Warlords 2.13 patch it gives me this error message.
    An error (-5003 : 0xffffec75) has occurred while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.
    If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Firaxis Games
    (http://www.2kgames.com/civ4).
    Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Just a quick note here: you can run vanilla Civ IV with the 1.74 update using WINE by copying the d3dx9_31 and _32 dlls into the Windows/System32 folder.

Beans

I got BTS to work.... I started with a fresh .wine install, then I installed Civ4 then BTS... Once i was here i added the d3dx9_32.dll to windows/system32 because it was complaining. After doing that i got the "Error Loading Shader Libraries". After i saw billT's post about adding the d3dx9_31 into windows/system32 directory I put both dll's in the folder and It worked. I am using wine-0.9.42... hope everyone can get it to work its a great game

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by billT View Post
    Just a quick note here: you can run vanilla Civ IV with the 1.74 update using WINE by copying the d3dx9_31 and _32 dlls into the Windows/System32 folder.
    Just want to confirm this does work, thanks billT! Looks like I was just missing the d3dx9_31.dll file. Civ4 vanilla 1.74 works just as well as 1.61 did for me.

However, I still can't get BTS to install under wine since the installer keeps trying to install DirectX. Anyone have a work-around so it doesn't auto-install DirectX?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Those who have ordinary Civ 4 running in wine, how does it compare to cedega? Is it comparative or does one work better than the other?

I was quite happy with Civ 4 in cedega - it was the only option I had at the time. Wine wasn't able to play it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by conjur3r View Post
    Those who have ordinary Civ 4 running in wine, how does it compare to cedega? Is it comparative or does one work better than the other?

I was quite happy with Civ 4 in cedega - it was the only option I had at the time. Wine wasn't able to play it.
    Civ4 runs great in Wine (running 9.4.1), only thing Wine has trouble with are the Great Wonder cutscenes and leader's heads not displaying. Otherwise, just as good as Windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by nucleon2k View Post
    Civ4 runs great in Wine (running 9.4.1), only thing Wine has trouble with are the Great Wonder cutscenes and leader's heads not displaying. Otherwise, just as good as Windows.
    The leader's heads display fine, you just have to add a add an entry to the registry. The wonder videos are also fine for me (may also be related to the registry, I don't know). Check out the second to last comment on the winehq page for details.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kstabins View Post
    I got BTS to work.... I started with a fresh .wine install, then I installed Civ4 then BTS... Once i was here i added the d3dx9_32.dll to windows/system32 because it was complaining. After doing that i got the "Error Loading Shader Libraries". After i saw billT's post about adding the d3dx9_31 into windows/system32 directory I put both dll's in the folder and It worked. I am using wine-0.9.42... hope everyone can get it to work its a great game
    kstabins, your BTS install did not try to install directx? How did you worked around it?

Beans

I have also had problems installing BTS. Wine seems to crash just after checking for my DirectX info. If anybody knows how to fix this, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Ohh, and since this is my first post on the forums, I just want to say Hi to everyone

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast