Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TeamSpeak 2 + ET help

Beans

Question TeamSpeak 2 + ET help

I want to get both to playback sound at the same time, and I have tried a tun of HowTo's and wikis. I am running ET and TS2. Now, if I use the "aoss" wrapper both work, except when I use my mic it sounds really really distorted no matter what sound settings I change. If I run it normally (using OSS) my voice sounds fine and it is working right. So it appears AOSS is not the way to go for me.

I have tried http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/...ge=HOWTO+Sound as well, and honestly I know a little about configuring sound as I took part in customizing my .asoundrc but I don't have a clue what it may be telling me to do.

And I have an M-Audio Revolution card that plays a bunch of sound programs at once (amarok, vlc, firefox, etc. simultaneously) all just fine.

Basically I need to get TeamSpeak2 to use ALSA somehow, is it possible?
    "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." - Joseph Dunninger

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: TeamSpeak 2 + ET help

EDIT: sorry... never mind... my link was not a solution

Beans

Hell yes, you need to install wine-oss, then run TS with it:

wine-oss ./TeamSpeak (run in TS directory)

Beans

Im not sure the difference, but I run TS (one) the linux client with aoss with no problems at all.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by splintercellguy View Post
    Hell yes, you need to install wine-oss, then run TS with it:

wine-oss ./TeamSpeak (run in TS directory)
    I tried apt-get install wine-oss but there's no package. I have wine installed, and I just checked winehq.com but couldn't find it. Where can I get that?
    "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." - Joseph Dunninger

Beans

bump, still unable to get this to go

Beans

Can you confirm what you are trying to do? Are you trying to run TM2 the windows client threw wine or linux client? Are you trying to run a linux game or a windows game threw wine? I can run a wine game with teamspeak going. In wine use the alsa sound driver (or try the oss if that dont work) use "winecfg". To run the linux TS client run "aoss teamspeak".

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by arron View Post
    Can you confirm what you are trying to do? Are you trying to run TM2 the windows client threw wine or linux client? Are you trying to run a linux game or a windows game threw wine? I can run a wine game with teamspeak going. In wine use the alsa sound driver (or try the oss if that dont work) use "winecfg". To run the linux TS client run "aoss teamspeak".
    I'm running the linux client, no wine. I am also running the linux client of Enemy Territory.

If I run TS itself it sounds great, but I can't use sound for anything else (can't run the game).

If I run TS using "aoss teamspeak" the quality of my microphone is horribly garbled, and no sound settings at all change it.

So I am basically trying to run TS and the game with both having sound, and without having to use "aoss."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Install aoss and get the ET sdl hack.

Terminal: aoss /where/ts/is/teamspeak

terminal :./et-sdl-sound

and this will let u hear both game and ts at the same time

Good Luck
    Chuck

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

My problem is similar and, based on discussions in various other forums, seems to be a problem related to newer drivers.

The good news

With Gutsy, wine (as downloaded from the Ubuntu repositories) works well on the sound side (great improvement has been made in the use of alsa in wine from the wine version that came with Feisty to the one that comes with Gutsy). Steam games (CS:S and Team Fortress 2) now work perfectly without the need to get wine directly from wineHQ.

The bad news
    As observed in herbster's post, to get sound from more that just TeamSpeak, you need to use aoss (aoss teamspeak). When running teamspeak using aoss this results in crackling or lagging sound. The problem gets worse with much activity on the TS channel.

While I do not fully grasp the workings of aoss, alsa, oss or anything that has to do with sound for that matter; from what I have read (over the past 2 days) about this issue - it would seem that the problem has something to do with the buffer sizes aoss has access to.

Other information
    - I have tried to increase the priority (niceness) of the process - this has no effect
    - My computer has 8Gb of RAM and CPU is Q6600 - resources should not be an issue

Any constructive thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.
    Last edited by esodin; October 21st, 2007 at 01:19 AM.
    Running Ubuntu on a vast range of equipment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast