Thread: the newest mono (needed by beagle) breaks tomboy

Beans

Lightbulb the newest mono (needed by beagle) breaks tomboy

I might be wrong on this one, if so please delete this thread, but you would need a newer tomboy to work with mono 1.1.x. (take a look at my post here for details).

I hope this can get sorted out, thanks for bringing me the joy of desktop searching

Beans

Re: the newest mono (needed by beagle) breaks tomboy

*shameless bump* I'm not the only one who has this problem I believe x_x? isn't there a bugzilla around for the backports?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Perhaps we need a newer version?

I'll backport the current Breezy build. Enable Backports Staging and see if this new build fixes anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans

Here's what I get when I try to run it from an x-term:

Code:
    joe@zara:~$ tomboy

** (/usr/lib/tomboy/Tomboy.exe:11463): WARNING **: The following assembly refere nced from /usr/lib/tomboy/Tomboy.exe could not be loaded:
         Assembly:   dbus-sharp    (assemblyref_index=4)
         Version:    0.23.4.0
         Public Key: 9eef2692033670f5
    The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MO NO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/usr /lib/tomboy).

** (/usr/lib/tomboy/Tomboy.exe:11463): WARNING **: The class DBus.Connection cou ld not be loaded, used in /usr/lib/tomboy/Tomboy.exe (token 0x0100000a)
    /home/joe/.gtkrc-2.0:2: Unable to find include file: "(null)"

** (Tomboy:11463): WARNING **: The class DBus.Service could not be loaded, used in /usr/lib/tomboy/Tomboy.exe (token 0x0100000c)

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    in <0x00000> <unknown method>
    in <0x00045> Tomboy.TomboyTrayIcon:.ctor (Tomboy.NoteManager manager)
    in <0x00022> Tomboy.TomboyTrayIcon:.ctor ()
    in <0x00019> Tomboy.Tomboy:StartTrayIcon ()
    in <0x000d8> Tomboy.Tomboy:Main (System.String[] args)
    joe@zara:~$

Beans

Ok. Got it to work.

I upgraded to the packages at:

http://www.gnome.org/~davidsf/ubuntu/hoary/mono/

I had to backport libdbus-cil_0.23.4-3_i386.deb myself using apt-get source and dpkg-build.

Seems to work ok.

Now let's see if I killed Muine in the process.

It works as well. Rawk.
    Last edited by Velvet Elvis; July 27th, 2005 at 02:42 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Elvis

I had to backport libdbus-cil_0.23.4-3_i386.deb myself using apt-get source and dpkg-build.
    Oopps, I forgot to upload libdbus-cil, sorry. I will upload later to my site.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by davidsf
    Oopps, I forgot to upload libdbus-cil, sorry. I will upload later to my site.
    I had the same error message on my hoary with the bp of tomboy. Your bp of libdbus-cil depends on mono 1.1.8, but the bp version is 1.1.7
    What's the deal with your bp stuff? I mean you have version 1.1.8, why aren't the one from the bp team also 1.1.8?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rwabel
    I had the same error message on my hoary with the bp of tomboy. Your bp of libdbus-cil depends on mono 1.1.8, but the bp version is 1.1.7
    What's the deal with your bp stuff? I mean you have version 1.1.8, why aren't the one from the bp team also 1.1.8?
    that's strange, I've reinstalled libdbus-cil from the bp and now there is no error message. Sometimes you need reinstall to make it work