Thread: Might need a pro's help in the Pasadena area

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Might need a pro's help in the Pasadena area

Hey there everyone,

I'm currently speaking with a member of the Pasadena Unified School District regarding their software concerns. At first I was led to believe that what they were interested in was Edubuntu or something similar, but no. They are having issues with simply catching up with the 21st Century in their daily affairs: keeping inventory, placing orders, streamlining communications, etc. I can make an appealing pitch for OpenOffice and the like for many of their needs, but ultimately they are going to need to speak with someone about running servers and managing networks, and about this I must remain silent or risk revealing my ignorance.

In other words, would someone be willing to join me in speaking at some length to a selection of the school board, if not it's entire membership? Coffee's on me. Thanks in advance.
    “Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.” -- Bertrand Russell

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Might need a pro's help in the Pasadena area

Whoa, whoa, whoa... get in line, folks... You don't need to be a hacker or a professional programmer. You just need to know more than me (which is embarrassingly simple). please do give it some thought.
    “Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.” -- Bertrand Russell

Beans

Re: Might need a pro's help in the Pasadena area

Even though I'm not necessarily the most qualified person to speak to a school board, I think I know enough to hold my own. I'm a sophomore Computer Science major at Chapman University, and would love to hear more about what's going on in Pasadena to see if I can help out.