Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

I solved the problem. If you get a 'Cannot Process Raster' errors, the Z600 raster filter cannot read the required datafiles. When converting the RPMs and installing the resulting tarball or deb package, certain directories end up being readable only to root.

To check if this is the problem, try and look at the /usr/local/z600llpddk/utility/ directory (with ls or with your favourite file manager). If you get a permission denied error, chances are the conversion filter cannot read it either.

The following two commands will fix this for you. Run these as root (sudo or log in as root) to fix this, and another directory likely to have the wrong permissions:

Code:
    chmod -R +rX /usr/local/z600llpddk/
    chmod -R +rX /usr/include/lexmark/
    These changes made the printer work for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Hello, thanks a lot fot the HOWTO, I got a problem, I do everything you say and It worked, but then when I try to open de Printing systems in Gnome I give a error that say: The CUPS server cannot be connected. I'll apreciete it if you can help me,

Beans

I can confirm that the printer works for my Lexmark Z708 as well! Should be added to the list so if poeple search for the specific model on google, they can find it (as I did)

Beans

does anyone know if it works for the lexmark Z11 printer? Its an older printer (which hopefully means support) with paralell port plug, but I'm not in a current position to test it out. Thanks!

Beans

Worked like a charm on my new lexmark z515 series. I just got it at wal-mart for $25 if anyone wants 4800dpi printer for linux cheap. Thank you agian.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I want to report a Lexmark X1155 printer working out of the box, I would like to know how can I get the scanner working, any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've had lexmark z605 printer installed on ubuntu 5.04, according to the how-to at the beginning of this thread. I can't install the same printer on Ubuntu 5.10. When i come to the "alien -t....@ line of the how to, the bash reports that there is no such command.

Is there a solution to this?

TIA

Sale

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LGP
    I have a Lexmark Z715 and when i try doing this get error messages when i put in the commands. I downloaded the file with the drivers and saved them to a folder named Lexmark on my desktop.

Code:
    :~ $ mkdir lexmark
    mkdir: cannot create directory `lexmark': File exists
    :~ $ mv CJLZ600LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz lexmark
    mv: cannot stat `CJLZ600LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz': No such file or directory
    If you could help me i would greatly appreciate it.
    I've got a Lexmark Z515, and I'm having the same problem. I would also appreciate any help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by uselessinfo
    I've got a Lexmark Z515, and I'm having the same problem. I would also appreciate any help.
    You can skip that step, as all that does is move the files into the folder called lexmark (well, it also creates that folder.).

I have a Lexmark Z715, and after falling these instructions and the ones in this thread.
    Last edited by Rouge8; October 22nd, 2005 at 09:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

printing an Ubuntu test page on my Lexmark z515 as i type this. Excellent howto!
    thanks you.

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast