I have the x1170, I ran it fine on my old installation but upgraded recently and can't do it now.
Originally Posted by roger6106
1. I couldn't find the non-distro-specific driver on the page from the link, but there was one for RedHat and I tried that. I went through all the steps of the howto with no problems.
2. I don't have a /etc/rc2.d/S19cupsys - there is a /etc/rc2.d/S20cupsys though and I did
instead - does that matter? Could it be because of a RH specific driver?
# /etc/rc2.d/S20cupsys restart
I also did a
and both put out
# /etc/init.d/cupsys restart
Everything still seemed fine, I get the correct
* Restarting Common Unix Printing System: cupsd [ OK ]
direct z600:/dev/usb/lp0 "Lexmark Lexmark X1100 Series" "Lexmark Printer"
3. I use xfce and the printer does not appear in the printing settings or the print dialog (there is only the print-to-pdf there).
4. I really do not understand this:
I tried using utilities or just z600 as well (in the place of options) but none helped.
# /usr/lib/cups/backend/z600 options
Usage: z600 job-id user title copies options file
Where am I going wrong? Any clues?