Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Dear Black Hole Sun or anyone else who thinks they can help,

I am new to Linux (this is actually my first attempt at using the community) and have not yet figured out its advantages. I spent about 15 hours getting my wireless to work (vs. 5 minutes in XP) and have logged about 5 thus far on trying to install my Lexmark x1150. I followed your directions, but am having trouble from the start. I am using Dapper and have downloaded CJLZ600LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz onto my desktop. I then opened the terminal and begun typing what you suggested. I had no problem making the directorylexmark as you suggest in the first step, but when I tried to move the file there this is what I got:

ward@ward-laptop:~$ mv CJLZ600LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz lexmark
    mv: cannot stat `CJLZ600LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz': No such file or directory

I also tried installing it through the system administration and it seemed like everything was in place but when I went to print it never came out even though it said it had been sent to the printer. Any ideas, help, or even hope you could float my way would be much appreciated. Thanks,
    Ward

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Hello Ward,

I think I know what went wrong. When you open up a terminal, it starts at a specific directory, the home-directory of the account you logged on.
    For example account ward: directory is /home/ward.

the file you want to move is in another directory, .i.e. on your desktop: /home/ward/Desktop (notice the upper case)

so you might want to try this:

Code:
    cd Desktop
    mv CJLZ600LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz /home/ward/lexmark
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ward.miller View Post
    Dear Black Hole Sun or anyone else who thinks they can help,

I am new to Linux (this is actually my first attempt at using the community) and have not yet figured out its advantages. I spent about 15 hours getting my wireless to work (vs. 5 minutes in XP) and have logged about 5 thus far on trying to install my Lexmark x1150. I followed your directions, but am having trouble from the start. I am using Dapper and have downloaded CJLZ600LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz onto my desktop. I then opened the terminal and begun typing what you suggested. I had no problem making the directorylexmark as you suggest in the first step, but when I tried to move the file there this is what I got:

ward@ward-laptop:~$ mv CJLZ600LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz lexmark
    mv: cannot stat `CJLZ600LE-CUPS-1.0-1.TAR.gz': No such file or directory

I also tried installing it through the system administration and it seemed like everything was in place but when I went to print it never came out even though it said it had been sent to the printer. Any ideas, help, or even hope you could float my way would be much appreciated. Thanks,
    Ward

Beans

I'm having the same issue that others here have had before, although I can't seem to find any resolution. Everything seems to work fine until I try the
    Code:
    ./z600
    I get no output from this command. I added the usbfs line to my /etc/fstab, but when I try the
    Code:
    sudo mount usbfs
    I get the following error:

Code:
    mount: usbfs already mounted or /proc/bus/usb busy
    mount: according to mtab, procbususb is already mounted on /proc/bus/usb
    I had some trouble with two of my USB ports in Windows, so it may be corrupt ports, which I know another user had, but I don't know how I would fix that.
    Last edited by illu45; September 10th, 2006 at 12:19 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I look forward to generating a driver for the Lexmark X2350 all in one, thanx for the starter kit.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Joedude: Have you been able to get the Lexmark X2350 working?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Not at all, it is appearing as though I'm going to have to do it from scratch. However, Ubuntu does acknowledge there is a lexmark 2300 series printer hooked up to it, so they are talking, they just don't understand each other yet...I'm gonna try n fix that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

how its coming?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Nope, not yet. Give me time...it's the one thing I have very little of. I'm the father of kids, 2 and 3 years old, and have a job that demands 12 hour days...As soon as I get it, this will be the first place I post it. I'll even submit it to the developers.

Beans

Wink Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Please, Jerrybme: it would be VERY useful for us, 64-bit ridders, if you tell us how did you make the jail. Specifically, wich libraries did you put in there por the printer to work.
    Or did you make a complete 32bit-Ubuntu installation there ?
    Hope you have time to tell us.
    Thanks !!!
    Last edited by lupin492; September 26th, 2006 at 09:31 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Thanks man!! I'm a Ubuntu newbie and it worked like a charm the first time around!! Thanks again.

Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast