Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Lexmark X6100 series just doesn't work. The entire install went fine, and the test page is sent, but no soap... I also tried every swinging driver under Lexmark and got the same results... looks like i'll be in the market for a printer...

Beans

It worked!! My Lexmark z515 it's alive and works!!!!!
    Many thanks for your help!!!

Beans

Unhappy Re: HOWTO: Lexmark Printers

Quote Originally Posted by franohern
    What knid of problems? Did I do something wrong? Is there anything I can do?

I have a dell a940 that I tried this on. I was able to get through everything in your how-to, but got no response on the last step. I was able to set up a new printer with that driver, the system sees my a940, but nothing happens when I try to print a test page.

Now, it may be that it won't work with an a940, but if I got no output from that last step, then I can't be sure whether I've done everything right and whether this is a no go for my printer.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions you can give me.

Thanks,
    Fran
    Same here and it looks like we're not alone. I think I've read all the support sheats there is on the net. It seems so easy but I JUST can't get it to WORK!

The last I found was this: http://www.staerk.de/thorsten/module...article&sid=43 but no luck there either *cry*

Any ideas?
    I love you guys/gals for all your help. I've been stuck with this for two weeks now and it's beginning to get on my nerves

That is: no output for the last step. Everything SEEMS to be working, but when my job exits the printing queue, nothing prints.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybme
    Well, it turned out to be a 64 bit library linkage problem. I created a 32 bit chroot and the printer driver works fine
    Ehr. How?

edit:
    eh nevermind, found http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=24575
    Last edited by Smakfull; April 2nd, 2006 at 08:01 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by Smakfull
    Same here and it looks like we're not alone. I think I've read all the support sheats there is on the net. It seems so easy but I JUST can't get it to WORK!

The last I found was this: http://www.staerk.de/thorsten/module...article&sid=43 but no luck there either *cry*

Any ideas?
    I love you guys/gals for all your help. I've been stuck with this for two weeks now and it's beginning to get on my nerves

That is: no output for the last step. Everything SEEMS to be working, but when my job exits the printing queue, nothing prints.
    bump.

please help, i get this exact same problem. i've read through all ten pages and found that many people have had this problem but no one has posted any way to fix it. is there any way to fix it, or should we just give up?

but, the printer that i'm using is the dell j740, and i don't know if the z600 is the right printer or not, is there any other way to find out what what lexmark drivers i need to get to use for the dell J740?
    Last edited by ultra.nj; April 3rd, 2006 at 11:21 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I am a newbie who is trying to get his shiny new Ubuntu operating system fully up and running and configured.
    Unfortunately the only printer that I have available at this time is a LEXMARK 810. From searching these forums I see that Lexmark does not like to play nice with open source.
    I have tried this walkthrough for the z600 driver without any troubles, but when I try to print a page the process stops immediately with the STATUS:

Paused: Both cartridges are invalid. Please use appropriate cartridges.

Interestingly I got a similar warning in *******(TM) but pages would still print correctly. I suspect that this has to do with being in East Berlin and the ink cartridges and Lexmark software somehow not matching up.

Is there any hope for getting around this problem?
    - Lenovo ThinkPad t431s; Kubuntu
    - Netbook: Asus Eee PC, Intel Atom CPU N550, 1024 MB RAM; Lubuntu
    - Astromen!

Beans

Everyone -- I'm so sorry I haven't been here for a long time so I haven't been able to help you guys.

I figured out your problem -- you need to mount the usb filesystem. Add this line to /etc/fstab

usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs devgid=14,devmode=0660 0 0

Then type

sudo mount usbfs

Try the backend again and it should work.

Beans

Okay, I just had to reinstall because of the lexmark driver

I have no idea why it is doing that... apparently it causes GDM to just _DIE_.

If anyone is running Dapper - DO NOT USE THIS DRIVER YET until I can figure this out.

Beans

Hello!
    I am new in the forum, but I used ubuntu for a long time, since Hoary. The HowTo always worked so far. But I reinstalled Ubuntu, using dapper flight 6 because of improved wireless support for my notebook, and so I did take the same steps hoping my lexmark z513 printer work, as it did at previous trials. I did not folowed the thread up to the end, and did not see your advice. Now I am without GDM as the other people. In my case, using XFCE as my default wm, only typing "startx" resolves, but if you get a solution to the GDM problem please inform.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by black hole sun
    I figured out your problem -- you need to mount the usb filesystem. Add this line to /etc/fstab

usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs devgid=14,devmode=0660 0 0

Then type

sudo mount usbfs

Try the backend again and it should work.
    Thanks... Didn't work though My system tells me my USB-port is already mounted on /proc/bus/usb. Still no output from backend!

Thank you for your time!

Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast