Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Which martial art/combat sport for defense

Beans

Re: Which martial art/combat sport for defense

Coming back to Aikido uselessness

Firstly
    Believe me ... when the opponent tenses his arm when a Aikido technique is applied on him he chooses the worst possible behaviour . Believe me... once I tensed my arm when my Sensei was showing me something... the pain which followed was very unexpected... I can remember I was on the mat... but how I get there is something I will never get to know...

Secondly.

Please dont say Aikido is not working.

Rather say My Aikido is not working.

Many people think Aikido is some sort of choreographed martial dance. You can only really experience the immense energy and power of the movements by simply joining a good training session. No film on youtube, no book, no told experience can substitute the physical act of being thrown so effortlessly, as if the you were attacking the whole universe, and the universe was fighting back.

Once you may attend to the advanced classes, the attacks become more intense, faster, you will learn that not moving like in a dance will result in immediate painfull defeat.

Aikido moves seems to be flashy and exagerated. They are not.

Furthermore I for myself start to realise that it defeating your partner during a training session becomes so unimportant. Far more important is to learn, to move in accordance with your capabilities and to create something new. Not to destroy it.

Sorry.. I really wanted to make it short.

Awaiting your replies
    Last edited by jan quark; December 27th, 2007 at 12:01 AM.
    Beginners Team
    UnansweredPost Team
    ubuntuhelp.piranho.com
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617