Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nokia N800....

Beans

The Nokia N800....

It makes me cry, because I don't have one....

Product Demo

Wikipedia entry

Engadget Blurb, with links to various reviews

It's even got some improvements since release that the reviews don't take into account.

...le sigh....

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: The Nokia N800....

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmusician View Post

Product Demo

Wikipedia entry

It's even got some improvements since release that the reviews don't take into account.

...le sigh....
    Ditto
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Product Demo

Wikipedia entry

...le sigh....
    Was that google talk in the product demonstration?

PS:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Nokia-N800-Inter...QQcmdZViewItem

350 is manageable.
    Last edited by godd4242; July 7th, 2007 at 07:55 AM.
    i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by godd4242 View Post
    Was that google talk in the product demonstration?

PS:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Nokia-N800-Inter...QQcmdZViewItem

350 is manageable.
    Well it's obviously going to shoot up in the last 10 minutes or so, by a lot. This thing retails for $400 anyways.

I unfortunately don't have enough money to splurge for one. It makes me really, really sad. I was considering buying a Helio Ocean (a phone) later this year, but I think I may save for this thing instead. It's so good....

I have gadget fever

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The is the 2nd thread I saw on this product. Just curious, why are you guys so interested in it? What's so special about it? Is it because the OS is a Debian variant or because it's small and portable?

Re: portability -- there seem to be quite a few products out there that are portable (though maybe not many Debian variants) -- so not sure what makes this one so special.
    Last edited by darkog; July 7th, 2007 at 02:22 PM.
    dg

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by darkog View Post
    The is the 2nd thread I saw on this product. Just curious, why are you guys so interested in it? What's so special about it? Is it because the OS is a Debian variant or because it's small and portable?

Re: portability -- there seem to be quite a few products out there that are portable (though maybe not many Debian variants) -- so not sure what makes this one so special.
    Ubuntu Gutsy runs on it doesnt it? Theres lots of talk about Nokia submitting lots back to the project so have I missed something or are Nokia going to be putting Ubuntu on there as standard in future?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by darkog View Post

I know there's another thread on it, but mine is strictly a mourning thread

What's so good about it? Well it's a pretty nifty little device. It has lots of cool pieces of software that are out for it, and since it's Linux based, one can always feel free to build a piece of software themself! Basically, in any place that has WiFi, this tablet is king. There's so much stuff it can do; for example, it has a terminal, and you can use it to ssh to your computer. That alone opens up a world of possibilities.

And yes, the portability helps

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by darrenm View Post
    Ubuntu Gutsy runs on it doesnt it? Theres lots of talk about Nokia submitting lots back to the project so have I missed something or are Nokia going to be putting Ubuntu on there as standard in future?
    it says it runs http://maemo.org/
    dg

Beans
    Distro

What's so good about it? Well it's a pretty nifty little device. It has lots of cool pieces of software that are out for it, and since it's Linux based, one can always feel free to build a piece of software themself! Basically, in any place that has WiFi, this tablet is king. There's so much stuff it can do; for example, it has a terminal, and you can use it to ssh to your computer. That alone opens up a world of possibilities.
    Ahh. now I see. I was about to wine about no keyboard but this looks like it's got a touch screen keyboard, right? Well, does look like a cool thing.
    dg

Beans
    Distro

i have the N80. nearly 800
    running ubuntu 12.04 on a custom build, dual core, 2.6Ghz, 4gb ram, 250gb hdd, nvidia 8600GT (512mb) laptop

geekism.co.uk the geeks blog

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast