Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HOWTO: Set up SHOUTcast-server at home and Internet DJ Console

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: HOWTO: Set up SHOUTcast-server at home and Internet DJ Console

I'm not sure exactly why it is unavailable, however I would recommend attempting to compile from source before playing with anything else.. I just compiled on the latest Xubuntu and everything worked fine.

Instructions on how to compile from source here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...jc#post5200135
    sometimes people put up walls, not to protect themselves but to see who cares enough to break them down.

Beans

Hi all,

I have installed IDJC however in Server->Connection->Type the Shoutcast choice is not available to check. The only choice is Icecast 2.
    I have installed sc_serv_1.9.8_Linux.tar.gz and it's running normally.
    Any ideas about how to overcome this?

Thanks in advance
    dvc

Beans

Hello Folks,

I have successfully installed latest version of IDJC and it is working great. Also, Jack is also working great. But, I have problems running IDJC continuously. I have static IP address and fixed the internal IP address. When I start IDJC, it runs fine and I could successfully broadcast my songs. After couple of hours, IDJC disconnects because shoutcast server can't find the destination server. I don't know why it happens. When I checked system Log. I see a kernal error message as follows.

[COMPUTER NAME] Kernel : idjcsourceclien[n]: segfault eip [HEXNUMBER] esp [HEXNUMBER] error [n]

Usually, IDJC is ok if I have atleast 1 listner, otherwise shoutcast server goes to sleep causing IDJC to crash. But, even if I have one listener all the time, shoutcast server diconnects after streaming couple of hours.

Anybody knows what is causing this error?

Thank you

-Kenc
    Last edited by Kenchappagoudra; December 15th, 2009 at 02:14 AM.

Beans

Hello,
    I have set everything up following the tutorial, but it seems like people have problem connecting to the stream. I give them the link

http://189.149.124.96:8000/listen.pls

but they are still not able to connect.

sorry haha, I am a complete noob.
    any suggestions of what happened?

Beans

I have a question I hope I can get answered here.
    My IDJC and Jack run fine as well as my SC_serv. But I want to use mic port and my bluetooth headset mic so 2 people can kind of do a talkshow kind of thing, but when I push either mic button they both use the mic port. What would I need to do to say use mic2 with the bluetooth?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345