Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Set up SHOUTcast-server at home and Internet DJ Console

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Set up SHOUTcast-server at home and Internet DJ Console on Kubuntu Feisty

Are you using Ubuntu (Gnome) or Kubuntu (KDE)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: HOWTO: Set up SHOUTcast-server at home and Internet DJ Console on Kubuntu Feisty

I'm using Ubuntu Feisty (Gnome).
    Last edited by freshspinach; August 15th, 2007 at 08:11 PM.

Beans

I googled som and found this:
    http://www.unix-tutorials.com/go.php?id=921

I Use Kubuntu with KDE so I only know how to do it in KDE. Hope this helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: HOWTO: Set up SHOUTcast-server at home and Internet DJ Console

I'm having trouble getting IDJC to connect to my SHOUTcast server. IDJC is playing with the stream button down and I have all the proper server info filled out. However, when I press 'Server Connect' I get an error saying 'The connection to the radio server failed'.

Checking the SHOUTcast logs shows that:

<08/25/07@00:43:01> [source] connected from 127.0.0.1
    <08/25/07@00:43:01> [source] icy-name:freshSPINACHradio
    <08/25/07@00:43:01> [source] icy-pub:0 ; icy-br:48 ; icy-url:http://www.freshspinach.com:8000/listen.pls
    <08/25/07@00:43:01> [source] icy-irc: ; icy-icq: ; icy-aim:
    <08/25/07@00:43:01> [source] source dropped connection. disconnecting.
    <08/25/07@00:43:20> [sleeping] 0 listeners (0 unique)

I have also forwarded the correct port on my router.

Beans

I'm having the same problem with IDJC, I can connect but then get a connection dropped window after about 30 seconds. I have the stream button pressed but nothing comes through. I know my shoutcast server is working as I can connect from a windows box using Winamp and the plugin.

Any ideas?
    Debian Testing(64bit) + XFCE4 AM2 5200+ ATI Radeon HD4350, 4gig RAM,320Gig and 750gig HDs

what's the difference between an answer and a solution? An answer is what they want to hear, a solution is what they don't want to hear

Beans

I am having trouble. I got everything set up... except when set to shoutcast mode, it disables my connect to server button. What do I do?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I keep getting an invalid password error when trying to stream from LiveIce on my desktop over to Shoutcast on my server.

I know for a fact that the passwords are the same, in the conf and in LiveIce. Any idea?
    Linux User #460341 || Ubuntu User #19510 || Unanswered Posts Team

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ok I got it to connect but I cant figure out for the life of me how to get songs to add in to the the playlist. I dont know if this is a GNOME problem that it's not displaying or what. I click the Add File button at the top and select the mp3 file but it does nothing after I hit Ok

Anyone have tips?
    Linux User #460341 || Ubuntu User #19510 || Unanswered Posts Team

Beans

It seems that it is a bit buggy to add song in idjc. Best way to add songs is to make a play list with some other media-player and save it as a .m3u (I use Amarok). Then right-click in idcj's play list window and then add the .m3u-play list. That works for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by EazyŠ View Post
    For Kubuntu Feisty. Might work on Ubuntu as well.

I always wanted to set up a shout cast to be able to share my music, and have the possibility to change the song I broadcast whenever I want.
    This is exactly what i have been posting about all over theses forums i cant seem to get it done . Again i am a true beginner.

I own a poker forum that is hosted by a company and wont allow steraming audio because of bandwith .

All i want to do is broadcast the games.
    To my under standing it would be best for a radio station to have its own server to stream
    I have downloaded (Gutsy Gibson ) 7.1 server is this the right choice? If not what do you think i should use?

The server im trying to set up will be for this only

I am willing to pay you to help me get this set up and running but i guess if your interested you should pm me i really need the help

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast