{

port            = 5900

type            = UNLISTED

socket_type     = stream

protocol        = tcp

wait            = no

user            = root

server          = /usr/bin/x11vnc

server_args     = -inetd -o /var/log/x11vnc.log -display :0 -auth /var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth -many -bg -rfbauth /etc/x11vnc.pass

disable         = no

}
    in the file:
    Code:
    /etc/xinetd.d/x11vnc
    Thanks guys!

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Resumable VNC Session Available at Startup

Great How To! I have another suggestion though. FreeNX is an even better alternative since it uses the native XDM protocols and compresses the stream so only what is needed passes to the client. Plus you get sessions by default and an unlimited number of them to boot!

If anyone is interested, I have Ubuntu packages for a working version of FreeNX 0.7.1. Everything is quite good with only a config file change you can have unlimited sessions on your machine and RDP proxy using rdesktop. The free version of NoMachine server only allows 2 sessions max. I have found this to be limiting at times. Especially if you are trying to setup a server. Plus it runs with the latest NX 3.0 backend and client. I have working versions compiled for gutsy on x86_64 and i386. If anyone needs other dist packages, please let me know and I'll start a VM to build one.

Beans

Worked great for Me! Love having desktop access right away

Beans

This is the best post, I've been coming back to this for years. Always hard to find. For reference for Ubuntu 10.04 they've moved /etc/X11/Init/Default to /etc/gdm/Init/Default. Everything else works flawlessly in 10.04 Lucid Lynx.

<rant> Really Vino is horrible, has been for 3 releases now and I don't know why. I keep trying other flavors (Centos) because of stupid things here in Ubuntu/Debian land like network manager and Vino. Really wish they would get a reliable product to replace those two nightmares of a program. I always end up getting it to work, but I've been struggling with stupid mindless things that should be dead simple. </rant>

Beans

is there a way to adapt this to LightDM (Ubuntu's new display manager) instead of GDM?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12