Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: How I got Halo: Combat evolved working on wine 0.9.39

Beans

Exclamation Need help

Hello, when I run halo I get a black screen when it is supposed to show the main menu, I hear the music so I know that the game is running, so I push the enter key several times to start playing in the single player mode, I hear stuff happening but I can only see lights and some weird stuff in the middle of the screen. When I start halo in safe mode the menu is still black, but when I'm playing the single player in safe mode I can actually see, the problem is that even though I can see all objects, the HUD, my hands and AI are invisible it is also extremely choppy and very visually glitchy.

I have an ATI 2400 pro 256 mb with the xorg drivers Pentium 4 and 2 GB ram with ubuntu 8.04 and the latest wine.

Any Ideas would be great thanks

Beans

Re: How I got Halo: Combat evolved working on wine 0.9.39

hey i got halo installed fine and then updated it and replaced the original halo.exe with a no CD crack but whenever i try to open it i get a window saying "Halo has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." and yes i have tried running it in a verual desktop and it still doesn't work. PLEASE HELP i love halo and i really need it to work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by garrett94 View Post
    hey i got halo installed fine and then updated it and replaced the original halo.exe with a no CD crack but whenever i try to open it i get a window saying "Halo has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." and yes i have tried running it in a verual desktop and it still doesn't work. PLEASE HELP i love halo and i really need it to work
    If you updated Halo with the newest patch, then you cant need to use the no cd crack, the update takes away the need to have the cd in the drive. Run the updater again and it should help. Btw dose the update finish or dose it crash? I've never gotten the update to work right in wine
    Registered Linux user #489078 Ubuntu user #27106
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives." William Wallace
    Blog! www.vrekk.us

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Vrekk View Post
    If you updated Halo with the newest patch, then you cant need to use the no cd crack, the update takes away the need to have the cd in the drive. Run the updater again and it should help. Btw dose the update finish or dose it crash? I've never gotten the update to work right in wine
    the updater runs fine it updated the first time and now just says game up to date... i tried to run the game in terminal and i got the same problem but it showed this error message
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32d3dc,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32cd54,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32c754,0x00000000), stub!
    oft Games/Halo/halo.exe: main/renderbuffer.c:2153: _mesa_reference_renderbuffer: Assertion `oldRb->Magic == 0xaabbccdd' failed.
    fixme:faultrep:ReportFault 0x32be10 0x0 stub
    Last edited by garrett94; May 14th, 2009 at 04:29 AM.

Beans

Awesome post. If there is an award for Post of the Year, I hope you win!

Beans

hii I'm new......a have a trouble when run halo, no shou menu and the screm is black.... please.... helpme. I have wine 1.0.1

Beans

I'n in the same boat as bloodyroard, I've got a black screen with no menus to be seen anywhere. I get sound at the main menu but no vid, and what's weird enough is that the bungie, gearbox, and microsoft games intro vids all work fine. any help with this problem is greatly apreciated, thanx.
    current system: Gateway lt3114u with, 2GB RAM (pc5300/667MhZ), 250GB HDD, and Vista Basic (Ugh!).

"Microsoft may give you Windows, but Ubuntu gives you the whole house"

Beans

the updater crashes for me, and I think I'm running wine 1.2.
    current system: Gateway lt3114u with, 2GB RAM (pc5300/667MhZ), 250GB HDD, and Vista Basic (Ugh!).

"Microsoft may give you Windows, but Ubuntu gives you the whole house"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

okay, i got the program to launch, but when it starts, it says, Halo did not shut down right. start in safemode or not. if i start normaly, it dosnt make it past the microsoft games logo. but if i start in safe mode, it starts, and it makes it to the title screen, i just cant see it. stuck on halo logo with backround music playing. whats going on?!
    Last edited by Kyomaru; September 14th, 2010 at 02:55 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

stuck on halo logo with backround music playing. whats going on?!
    I'm having this same issue. Running 10.04
    Also, haloupdate.exe always crashes, around the time the text "Updating the game..." appears in the top-left.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast