Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: How I got Halo: Combat evolved working on wine 0.9.39

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Question Re: How I got Halo: Combat evolved working on wine 0.9.39

Thanks for this excellent post! I have a question: When you get to the install part there are little check boxes on the screen. They say: install for all users, install game spy arcade, and Create desktop icon. Should I uncheck all of these?

Thanks
    EnergySamus

Update: I now have the game installed. I told it to create a desktop icon, but it didn't. After installing the no-cd crack, I used the line env WINEPREFIX="/home/chris/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" (with cris becoming my name, of course). It tells me: Cannot find Z: home/myname/config.text

Does anyone know?

EnergySamus
    Last edited by EnergySamus; June 9th, 2008 at 02:00 AM.
    My Laptop:Lenovo IdeaPad Y530- Intel Centrino 2 2.1GHz [P7450], 3GB RAM, 320GB 5400 RPM HD, Nvidia 9300M GS, Tray-Load DVD-RW, Intel Pro N-Wireless.

My Cell Phone:Nokia E71 Symbian

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Re: How I got Halo: Combat evolved working on wine 0.9.39

Quote Originally Posted by EnergySamus View Post
    Thanks for this excellent post! I have a question: When you get to the install part there are little check boxes on the screen. They say: install for all users, install game spy arcade, and Create desktop icon. Should I uncheck all of these?

Thanks
    EnergySamus

Update: I now have the game installed. I told it to create a desktop icon, but it didn't. After installing the no-cd crack, I used the line env WINEPREFIX="/home/chris/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" (with cris becoming my name, of course). It tells me: Cannot find Z: home/myname/config.text

Does anyone know?

EnergySamus
    Ok EnergySamus, what i would do it go to Applications -> Wine -> Programs -> Microsoft Games -> Halo -> the click and drag the lanuch in the start menu onto the desktop that will make one for you. Add the -novideo line and you would be running fine

On a differnt note, i am not sure if my game is updating or not. When i run the patching program it says updating the game and then just closes. If i try to press multiplayer it says i am not fully upto date. Is there a way to fix this, becuase it may help my stupid mouse leaving the screen problem
    Last edited by Vrekk; June 11th, 2008 at 07:50 PM.
    Registered Linux user #489078 Ubuntu user #27106
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives." William Wallace
    Blog! www.vrekk.us

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Smile Re: How I got Halo: Combat evolved working on wine 0.9.39

Quote Originally Posted by Vrekk View Post
    Ok EnergySamus, what i would do it go to Applications -> Wine -> Wine Apps -> Microsoft Games -> Halo -> the click and drag the lanuch in the start menu onto the desktop that will make one for you. Add the -novideo line and you would be running fine

On a differnt note, i am not sure if my game is updating or not. When i run the patching program it says updating the game and then just closes. If i try to press multiplayer it says i am not fully upto date. Is there a way to fix this, becuase it may help my stupid mouse leaving the screen problem
    Thanks!!! For me the updater is working. I am not sure what your issue is. But I do have a fix for the mouse: Use Wine RC1. This is supposed to be the best for Halo, and I am currently having no issues (or mouse issues) with Halo!

EnergySamus

Edit: I am running mine on my laptop, if that matters.
    My Laptop:Lenovo IdeaPad Y530- Intel Centrino 2 2.1GHz [P7450], 3GB RAM, 320GB 5400 RPM HD, Nvidia 9300M GS, Tray-Load DVD-RW, Intel Pro N-Wireless.

My Cell Phone:Nokia E71 Symbian

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Found a fix for my mouse problem FULLSCREEN. i found a nice way to do it. Set you vitrual desktop to fullscreen (for me 1024*768) then set it so that the window manager dose not manager or decorate the virtual desktop. The i just added the -vidmode 1024,768,60 thing in and BOOM fullscree. And thanks engerysaumus, the mouse movement is more steady with wine rcl1
    Blog! www.vrekk.us

Beans

Any idea if Phears Halo Hack would work? Or any other mods for Halo on Wine?

Beans

Hi,

I installed Halo on a Windows box on my external harddrive.
    I used a nocd crack to get the game running at all, but when I try to run it, using the following:
    env WINEPREFIX="/home/knight666/.wine" wine "/media/disk-5/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Halo/Halo.eXe" -novideo
    it says:
    Halo - Fatal Error
    Problem: Cannot find 'Z:\windows\config.txt'
    Alright, so I go into winecfg and I change C:\ to /media/disk-5 and try again.
    Now it says:
    Halo - Fatal Error
    Problem: Cannot find 'N:\\config.txt'
    I do not have enough space on / to install Halo there, how can I go around this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

knight, do you have wine set up to see your external drive? Try opening winecfg ,drives (i think i cant access my computer right now), and add in you external hd.
    Blog! www.vrekk.us

Beans

Well, yeah. :\
    I add it as N:\, it complains it can't find it as Z:\.
    I add it as Z:\ TOO, it complains it can't find it as S:\.
    Etcetera ad infinitum!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hey guys I have a small problem. I've followed this guide. I updated and replaced halo.exe. with the 1.07 no-cd crack but when I click the launcher all I get is a black screen encompassing my entire monitor. My command is as follows:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/kasun/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" -novideo -vidmode 1024,768,60

BTW, I had problems on XP since my graphics card was too new to be supported on first setup but I remember that some updates fixed this on windows but wasn't sure if it was the game update. My card is an ATI radeon X1350 pro.

Also if it means anything, I keep on downloading & installing the same updates over and over again when I run the update file.
    Last edited by knavarathna92; June 30th, 2008 at 12:52 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Where is the "fake c drive"?

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast