Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [WALLPAPER] Mountains of Ice ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Talking [WALLPAPER] Mountains of Ice ...

Been doing lots of other stuff recently, so finally got round to making another wallpaper for the Ubuntu community.

I hope you like it. Let me know what you think. This has also been uploaded into the Gallery as well.

/izo

1600x1200
    1280x960
    1024x768

EDIT - 26/6/07: some feedback has suggested that I should remove the Ubuntu logo, which I have now done. I would've submitted the .xcf source file as well, for people to download and edit for themselves, but it's 52.9Mb big, which I suspect would be somewhat extracting the urine.
    Last edited by Izobalax; June 26th, 2007 at 05:06 PM.
    Running Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx on: Intel Pentium D 3GHz, 2Gb RAM, ATi X1950 PCI-E.
    See my website

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: [WALLPAPER] Mountains of Ice ...

That's gorgeous, It'll def go into my background rotation. It reminds me of a dream I once had.
    When I had no temple I made
    My voice my temple. I have
    No priest, my tongue is my choir.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Dokatz View Post
    That's gorgeous, It'll def go into my background rotation. It reminds me of a dream I once had.
    Really? That's interesting. Glad you like it.

/izo
    Running Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx on: Intel Pentium D 3GHz, 2Gb RAM, ATi X1950 PCI-E.
    See my website

Beans

Oooh that's nice looking. Good job! Thanks for finding me a new wallpaper
    The shell/terminal/command line is NOT an archaic way of doing things!
    Easier does not always mean better

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.06 Dapper

It remind's me a scene from Ice-Age 2 .. (never liked the movie , but the wallpaper is really great , artistical !) ...

My only advice , is that you should try removing that "Ubuntu" logo , it kinda stands out too much ...

Overall : GREAT job !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by GrueTamer View Post
    Oooh that's nice looking. Good job! Thanks for finding me a new wallpaper
    Heh, no worries. Glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiderGuy View Post
    It remind's me a scene from Ice-Age 2 .. (never liked the movie , but the wallpaper is really great , artistical !) ...

My only advice , is that you should try removing that "Ubuntu" logo , it kinda stands out too much ...

Overall : GREAT job !
    Thanks for the nice comments and constructive criticism. I can easily produce versions sans Ubuntu logo ... I'll get to it when I find some time.

Thanks again.

/izo
    See my website

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Izobalax View Post
    Been doing lots of other stuff recently, so finally got round to making another wallpaper for the Ubuntu community.

I hope you like it. Let me know what you think. This has also been uploaded into the Gallery as well.

/izo

1600x1200
    1280x960
    1024x768
    That looks sick man, thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I love it, reminds me of Legend of Zelda.

One complaint (and the reason I won't use it as my desktop- yet) is the ubuntu logo. I don't mind the logo itself, but it's placement, and more importantly the box around it is annoying.

if it was closer to the bottom, and it didn't have the annoying shadow, i'd replace this crappy tree with that in an instant.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yeah what always helps is posting a logo less version, And one WITH the logo. Kinda like open source, You know. let people build off it. And maybe someone will do as good or who knows, better.

We all sux0r sometimes. EVEN ME.
    When I had no temple I made
    My voice my temple. I have
    No priest, my tongue is my choir.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Codename View Post
    That looks sick man, thanks!
    Awesome. Glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feba View Post
    I love it, reminds me of Legend of Zelda.

One complaint (and the reason I won't use it as my desktop- yet) is the ubuntu logo. I don't mind the logo itself, but it's placement, and more importantly the box around it is annoying.

if it was closer to the bottom, and it didn't have the annoying shadow, i'd replace this crappy tree with that in an instant.
    This seems to be common complaint. I'll release a version sans logo soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokatz View Post
    Yeah what always helps is posting a logo less version, And one WITH the logo. Kinda like open source, You know. let people build off it. And maybe someone will do as good or who knows, better.

We all sux0r sometimes. EVEN ME.
    My only problem with submitting a logo version and a sans logo version is the resolution sizes ... sites like Photobucket and Flickr only allow to upload 1024x768 max, whilst sites like GNOME-Look and KDE-Look are restrictive uploading file sizes. DeviantART has no limit, but I can only realistically upload one image, rather than several versions, so I use dA to upload the 1600x1200.

Perhaps it may be better if I simply replace the current versions here with logo-less versions and release the .xcf file as well, if peeps want to add the logo for their own taste, as you've suggested?

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

/izo
    See my website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast