Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ham Radio Op Ubuntuers

Beans

Re: Ham Radio Op Ubuntuers

Ubuntu just gets better and better Barrie and has so much for the ham already as you're finding out.
    I've just install a VOACap for linux that is just great.

If there was a beacon monitoring programme like Faros then that'd one more for me and one less for XP then it's just the issue over HRD and what to replace it with.

Another thing, welcome back to ham radio.

Perhaps we need some kind of google map with the ham radio ubuntu users on it. Having said that it probably already exists
    g7kse.co.uk

Beacons...6 and 10 report and other geekery

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

ke5tpy here. I'm a relatively new ham, got my Tech and General less than a month ago, and got my first rig (Icom ic-t2h - budgeting apartment dweller) just yesterday. I plan to play on 2m for a while and then maybe ask Santa for a HF I found this thread while searching for some info on setting up echolinux. The documentation is sparse to say the least, and I'm rather at a loss. If I could get that working it would help make up for my lack of a radio, as my understanding is the only IRLP repeater in my area (New Orleans, LA) is UHF and mine is but a mere single-bander 2m. Good to see such a great showing of hams using Ubuntu! The Louisiana LoCo will be doing a presentation at the NE Louisiana Hamfest this month and will be promoting/discussing/informing about ham-related software and Ubuntu. Ability to use Echolink is high on the list of compelling reasons to be able to switch, imho, and I'm hoping to be able to contribute in that regard.

Rob, KE5TPY

Beans

I'm here, Kilo Charlie 2 Romeo Golf Zulu, US FCC Amateur General. Got my ticket a year ago ish, upgraded 6 months ago..ish

I spend a lot of my time on my Yaesu FT-60R HT on the local repeaters chewing it up or helping people. I occasionally play on 40M too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

gd dr Old Mans & Young Ladies ,
    my callsign is delta oscar 1 juliett mike the German Licence Class E since 1999.
    I use Ubuntu since 2005 and I search Programs for control my
    Yaesu FT-857.

73 de mirko / do1jm

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by alaskagene View Post
    I recently purchased a QRP rig after a long absence from ham radio. I have spare laptop with Ubuntu 7.10 installed. Have been told that I can install CW/RTTY software to operate.
    No modem/TNC or outboard device required, just the software.

Would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

AL7KH in Ketchikan, Alaska

There are two programs that I know of that are for Windows but work in 7.10.
    They are CwGet and CwType. CwGet works with your PC's sound card. Just run an external speaker plug from the jack on the rig to your sound card. It types the CW on your screen. CwType transmits your keyboard input to the transceiver. I believe you need an interface card for that but read the doc to be sure.

You'll need Wine installed. Both programs installed in 7.10 but not in my fresh install of 8.04. They may carry over with an upgrade.
    He's dead Jim. You get his phaser, I'll grab his wallet.

Registered LINUX USER#184803

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm N9YYO, but my rig died a few years back so I have not been on air in awhile.
    Mike: "The hardest questions in life are the ones worth answering"

Beans

KI8JQ here. Just got Ubuntu 8.04 up and running on my Eee and I'm hoping to be able to use it with my FT-817 and FT-897 for remote operations.

72/3 all

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

KB1GHC here

i'd have to say the coolest ham radio + linux hack i ever did, was I ran PSK31 remotely via SSH + X Forwarding using PuTTY as a client
    Last edited by Steve413z; May 23rd, 2008 at 08:21 PM.

Beans

N3CA here.

Beans

N2QLQ here. Steve in NJ. First licensed back in '63..license lapsed and I got back into the hobby 10 years ago (Linux 1 month ago!).

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast