Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Ham Radio Op Ubuntuers

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ham Radio Op Ubuntuers

Maybe after lurking this thread for a bit, I ought to get back with it. From 1956 to 1967 I was K5JKX (portable 6 for a couple of years in that time) but I let the ticket lapse when the FCC was charging for renewal and the whole community seemed to be embroiled in a civil war over privileges.

I was one of the first to write for 73 magazine, and continued to write for it after letting go the ticket. My main interest was VHF, primarily the 6-meter band but toward the end of the time got into 2-meter operation also. Never did much of anything on HF although I got my General Class ticket very soon after getting Tech (also a First Class Radio Telephone with Radar Endorsement back when they still issued those).

It was great fun, but once I discovered computers (in late 1965) they took over for me...
    --
    Jim Kyle in Oklahoma, USA
    Linux Counter #259718
    Howto mark thread: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPo.../SolvedThreads

Beans

Anyone jumping on the Ubuntu-HamsNets tonight?

Not having a license, if there is still a contingency that meets I was looking forward to tuning in on the web.

Beans

New to Ubuntu as of 2011. Just renewed my license KD5QXC technician class. Freedom is what has driven me to operate and Ubuntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I would desperately love to start by saying this is VK4F... and so on.

But unfortunately, through a comedy of errors, not quite yet. I spend a little time each day tuning my Drake SSR-1 and on GlobalTuners.

I am, however, a long time Linux user. Starting in 2001 with Red Hat, Mandrake, Debian then Slackware, I have spent the last 5 or so years with an afinity for Debian and Debian-based releases, Ubuntu being my preference for the last 3 years, and some *BSD use also.

I was drawn to Linux for the same reasons I love listening to radio amateurs. Collaboration, technical self advancement, information sharing and open standards, and self reliance/DIY.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I currently hold two callisgins, WA1JUP and G0DDZ. I was first licensed as WN1JUP in Jan '68 and upgraded to Tech in '69 (hence WA1JUP). Upgraded to Extra in 2009. I was licensed as G5DDZ in 1979 and when the licensing authority reassigned that callsign block, I was assigned G0DDZ in the mid '80s. I am now getting back into radio after a 20 year hiatus although I've always kept the license current.
    Registered Linux User 472621

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior." Hippolyte Taine

Beans

Hi all, Bill K7BTE. Is anyone using FDLOG and if so, how do you get it to run? Using Ubuntu 13.04. When I double click on the fdlog icon as the readme files says, Kate open and shows the program code.

Beans

Hi all,
    greetings from Brazil!!!
    My name is Silva and my call is PY8ELO.
    I use Linux until about 10 years ago and I has tested many distros. Today (until about 7 years ago I has adopted Ubuntu) I run Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on a Intel E7500 core 2 duo.
    I use it for all except to programming some radios.
    I also run many digimodes under Linux. In special JT65 modes.
    For now, I am looking for a way to compile WSJT-X on my Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
    Any help are wellcome!!!
    I hope we can make a nice QSO on the bands some day!

Best 73's,

Silva.
    PY8ELO
    Last edited by py8elo; May 25th, 2013 at 02:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Are there any hams out there that run a VoIP node like EchoLink or Allstar using Ubuntu or another Ubuntu based distro and using hardware COS/PTT? I can't get my USB serial port to work properly.
    I started this thread on the problem and had no responses: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2101935

Beans

kc5hwb from Grapevine, TX

If you're in the area, hit me up on 2 meters - 147.14 or 70cm at 444.850 - both machines have a 110.9PL.

73s

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

AE4OV/MM Currently in Beaufort NC. Rig is a IC-706MKIIG. Been a Ham for 20 years and a Ubuntu devote since -04.
    There is no sense in having a plan if you're not going to pretend to follow it.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast