Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Why did YOU start using Ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Why did YOU start using Ubuntu?

Quote Originally Posted by FleetAdmiral74 View Post
    I chose to use Linux after hearing all sorts of news about Vista, and its 'features' designed to 'protect me'. I was already interested in free software for some time, and in fact used many FOSS applications for Windows, almost all of em were FOSS in fact.

I simply could not stick with XP knowing that Vista was the new standard, but I could not keep using the outdated OS, so MS really left me no choice but to leave them for good. I simply said I would never touch Vista, and it was this or a Mac...
    AMEN
    Hey B.B. Try Ubuntu!

Beans

1 year ago during a dark and quite night. I was sleeping and was awaken by hands.

They were the Tele-Tubbies and were holding me down and inserting devices in my Head!

Then I passed out and woke up it was morning. I sat down with my coffee at the computer.

Then for no reason my fingers started typing. It started to download the Dapper iso to my computer. I then burned and booted the iso. My hand moved to the mouse and I double-clicked the Install icon.

And then I entered a Brave New World! whith the voices of the Tele-Tubbies chanting in my head
    "Isn't it Wonderful! So Wonderful!"

Been using Ubuntu ever since.

Beans

I don't use Ubuntu full time yet, I dual boot (because my girlfriend cant live without Windows, and her Yahoo LaunchCast). That being said I have been interested in Linux for several years now, but unable to find one that is "newb" friendly enough for me. That is of course until now. I can't get enough of Ubuntu. Instead of playing video games when I get off work, I sit down and play with Ubuntu for hours. All I can say is no Linux distro. I have come across is more user friendly without sacrificing functionality than Ubuntu.

Beans

I started using Ubuntu because it was better than Fedora, which is what I was running when I switched to Ubuntu (shortly after Breezy Badger came out). I had already switched completely away from Windows by that time (it wasn't even installed on any computers I owned), so that wasn't an issue for me. To all the people still dual booting: you can make the switch! Just remove your Windows partitions and don't look back
    Last edited by eklitzke; June 20th, 2007 at 06:48 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Because it met all my needs and allowed me to become Microsoft-free.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I began using Linux because I was bored with Windows and wanted to learn something new.

I chose Ubuntu in particular because it was top of distrowatch.org at the time. And it's still on top for obvious reasons!

Beans
    Hidden!

I began using Ubuntu because I was bored one day and wanted to give Linux a try. I did some research, stumbled on Ubuntu and, having nothing better to do, wiped out my Windows XP installation and installed Ubuntu. I still have XP (on a different hard drive), plus Windows 2000 on my laptop, so if something arises and I need Windows, I'm still covered. I will not under any circumstances, however, use Vista. Not a chance in hell.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Novell did the deal with Microsoft. Poor poor suse.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789