Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing Wibu without downloading Ubuntu

Beans

Question Installing Wibu without downloading Ubuntu

Please help,I've just downloaded Wibu and when installing it tries to download an Ubuntu7.04-i386- alternative version, well, I've already have in a CD an Ubuntu 7.04 LiveCD desktop-i386 version that I downloaded a weeks ago in order to try installing in my HD but as I'm zero linux daren't to do because of partitions troubles. I have a HD 200GB, C:=40GB WinXP-Pro and D:=160GB data-music-videos, etc. My question is: should I go on downloading the Ubuntu version that Wibu tries to download and wait for 13 hours to complete? or, in another way I can install from my LiveCD? or, could I download the same version Wibu wants to from where? In this way I could use a download manager (MassDownloader, for instance) reducing download time. Please, answer with a nice solution, thanks a lot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Installing Wibu without downloading Ubuntu

Btw the way its wUbI. not wIbU. But wubi's only capable of installing from and Iso. If you were able to find where Wubi looks for the Iso (probably in your temp files). you could place your Iso there.
    In Soviet Russia, cake lies you!
    My Blog | Email Me

Beans

wubi will accept any ubuntu 7.04 alternate version iso, if the iso file is put in the same place as the wubi.exe installer. It will automaticly find it and skip the download.

You can't use a LiveCD version, because that contains different data.

You can download the file directly from here:
    http://releases.ubuntu.com/7.04/

the version you want is probably:
    ubuntu-7.04-alternate-i386.iso

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Installing Wibu without downloading Ubuntu

Yes, sorry, it's Wubi and thanks for your answers. I already have an ISO in my HD so I'll try to redirect Wubi to its folder or move to installer folder.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Are you certain its the alternate ISO, Wubi only uses the alternate ISO, not the live CD.
    In Soviet Russia, cake lies you!
    My Blog | Email Me

Beans

wubi works fine with the alternate ISO... just run the installer with the ISO file in the same folder. it copies to the proper location and installs it from there.

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Installing Wibu without downloading Ubuntu

OK, it was really nice! I installed WUBI and Alternate version of Ubuntu 7.04 and worked fine. Now I dared to format, convert partition to logic extz.2 + swap file and install Xubuntu v.7.04 Feisty Fawn in my HD with WXP-Pro installed and had no problems AT ALL! Now I'm in Firefox from Xubuntu writing this post and am really pleased!

Beans

Unhappy Re: Installing Wibu without downloading Ubuntu

I'm very sorry since I posted as Churito and ChuroMax, but I couldn't log with my first nick and had to create a new one. Hope have no problems in the future

Beans

awesomeness!

Beans

Question Re: Installing Wibu without downloading Ubuntu

I've tried putting the iso in the same folder as the installer. The The installer moves the iso into the wubi directory then tries to download which overwrites the iso. I've also let the thing download several times and it just starts downloading again. I've uninstalled, I've cleared out the temp folder, I've cleaned with Norton Cleansweep. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast