Thread: Got software, looking for sponsor...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Got software, looking for sponsor...

I am a crystallographer engaged in moving my lab's software base from RPMs to DEB format. I can contribute quite a lot of packages for bioinformatics/crystallography; this is all software that is being used in our lab.

Tonight I have uploaded a few science packages to REVU (http://revu.tauware.de/). If you have interest, and/or if you are a MOTU, I'd appreciate if you'd take a look at them. They are:

chooch - Anomalous scattering factors from X-ray fluorescence data
    cgraph - A minimal library for scientific PostScript plots (needed by chooch)
    kaksi - Protein secondary structure assignment program
    theseus - Maximum likelihood superpositioning of macromolecular structures
    wulfware - "wulfware" for monitoring cluster nodes, via curses and web interfaces
    kssh - - KDE front end to ssh (makes a secure shell session in KDE's konsole)

If you are able to sponsor these packages, I would be grateful.

Cheers,
    Morten

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Got software, looking for sponsor...

Have you considered using sourceforge.net? You can submit your applications, along with documentation and relevant supporting tools/utilities. There are quite a few bioinformatics applications currently doing this.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Got software, looking for sponsor...

I assume you have been on IRC #ubuntu-motu ? the motu's hang out there and it is the best place to be asking for this sort of advice! Definately log on there and have a chat to the Motu's there.