Thread: Unanswered Posts search option problems?????

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Unanswered Posts search option problems?????

I am on the unanswered team and most of the time I use the Unanswered Post search option (within the search pulldown), that will bring up all the unanswered threads, there's over 10 pages BUT when I click to go to the last page, I get an error. It states:

Well I'll be a son-of-a-gun!! Now it works all of a sudden. What the heck, I think this has happend to me in the past, it won't work sometimes and other times it will. Can anyone comment on this behavior?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Unanswered Posts search option problems?????

It has to do with the search index, I know that. I think searches expire around 30 seconds after you run them, but if the search traffic is low, they will stay around longer. So if you want to get to the last page, make sure you click Last right after you search.

Jacob

Beans
    Distro

thanks for the response. so is there meetings being held on irc about the unanswereed posts group? I never have been notified or should I just know that. Also, how do I get there if I am using gaim, i get these screen's but then a=m not sure how to join the channle and which one. thaanks if you can help.

Beans

Meetings are scheduled for saturday night/sunday morning once a month. There isn't a future projection of meeting dates yet as we've only had two. Check or subscribe to this thread for notification of the next meeting time http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=426838.

The meetings take place in #ubuntuforums-unanswered, which sometimes isn't there, like now for instance, I'm not sure why this happens as I'm not a op. But it will reappear in time for the meeting. On a similar note I think it would be beneficial to try and promote participation the irc channel outside of meetings to provide a place for team members to help one another on solving technical problems or highlighting particularly difficult forum threads.

To get an irc room list in Gaim, go to Tools -> Room List, then select your irc account and click on Get List. If you sort by name then search down for ubuntuforums you'll find the room (if it's there).
    UP Team member

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Meetings are scheduled for saturday night/sunday morning once a month. There isn't a future projection of meeting dates yet as we've only had two. Check or subscribe to this thread for notification of the next meeting time http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=426838.
    Meetings are planned to be on the last Sunday of each month at 00:01 UTC, however sometimes it changes.

The meetings take place in #ubuntuforums-unanswered, which sometimes isn't there, like now for instance, I'm not sure why this happens as I'm not a op. But it will reappear in time for the meeting. On a similar note I think it would be beneficial to try and promote participation the irc channel outside of meetings to provide a place for team members to help one another on solving technical problems or highlighting particularly difficult forum threads.
    The channel does exist, however there might not always be someone in there besides ChanServ (channel bot). And I agree with promotion of the channel outside of the meetings, as it could potentially be a valuable place to chat and discuss topic problems.

If you are having trouble connecting to the server, Freenode provides this applet for a web-based chat. As for a desktop client, I highly recommend XChat or XChat-Gnome.

To get an irc room list in Gaim, go to Tools -> Room List, then select your irc account and click on Get List. If you sort by name then search down for ubuntuforums you'll find the room (if it's there).
    Another option is to type /join #ubuntuforums-unanswered when you connect to the server.

dannyboy79: I posted the IRC link in the FAQ, although it is a little buried in there. I'll add a new sticky for it.

Beans
    Distro

thank you both for your reponses. I have figured out how to get irc chatting to work in Gaim and have also used xchat but am very new to irc so don't exactly see all the advantages of xchat over gaim but I am sure you will inform me or I will learn them over time. why is xchat-gnome better for me within gnome than just xchat? I may see you in the meeting sometime, thanks again.