Thread: Stronghold Crusader help

Beans

Stronghold Crusader help

Hello all hoping someone can help me get this game to work with wine. I am new and very inexperienced using Ubuntu so if any can help please keep this in mind when giving help. I have installed my nvidia drivers using envy and all seems ok there. When i load the game with wine i cant just type wine "stronghold crusader.exe" i get a error saying
    wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\Stronghold Crusader.exe": Module not found
    If i navigate to the folder right click on the exe and pick open with wine emulator i just get a black screen with a red loading bar then it freezes and i have to escape to get out.

http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=strongholdcrusader

I installed the game as said in the above mentioned way.... and http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3906 lists the game as gold. Not sure how to proceed from here i tried copying the game files into system32 folder where wine is looking for them but that didnt seem to work either.

Thanks in advance for any advice,links,tips etc !!

Beans

Re: Stronghold Crusader help

I'm trying to get Stronghold 2 to work in a Guest Windows XP. I first encountered an error from a missing dll (d3dx9_27.dll) but I managed to fix it by getting the file from some other place. Now when I try to open the game, it just crashes and closes. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Hey there, I've got no idea how to fix this one and I'm having the same problem with Stronghold Crusader!
    The only difference is that II never had the installation disk because I once copied the files from a friends PC and it worked effortlessly on XP. Anyway, I hope this subject picks up soon, I've waited for two updates with WINE hoping the issue would be fixed - but i guess it's all a matter of popularity.

BUMP. Common, somebody must be able to help

Beans

hey i got stronghold crusader to install by right clicking "setup.exe" under it's program files and told it to open with wine. it then proceeded to install. Not sure if this helps, but thought i'd mention it.